• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Potential Winter Threat - December 6-11

First, we're just watching right now, but the models are hinting at the potential for winter weather for the southeast around the 6th through the 11th time frame. Nothing specific  I can tell you for the moment but there is pretty good ensemble support on the GFS for such shenanigans. The Euro is not quite as bullish right now, but it too is leaning toward that possibility.  To be notified up updates, click on the "Follow" button at the top of the page on a computer or near the bottom on a mobile device. You must be signed up to get notifications.

This is just beginning to take shape, for please keep checking back for updates as time goes on.  Is everyone ready for winter??? meteorological Winter starts on Saturday, December 1 and I'd love nothing more than to hit the ground running! ❄️❄️❄️

NOT A FORECAST

28-gefs_snow_mean_se_45.thumb.png.34ae6dd557b6db4d7191cbe3dba39133.png

28-gefs_snow_ens_se_55.thumb.png.4ffefe35fa200e031e2f0b4e96e29323.png

• Like 5

I’ll take run #12 please and thank you good sir! 😂😂 been watching the models closely too! Keep seeing it bob back and forth! I’m getting excited for an awesome winter!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

That 12 Z GFS, that was fun to see! Wish it wasn’t that far out! Wedges have over performed twice already, so this could be fun!!?

• Like 2

I would like to request that Mother Nature hold off her mischief until after my boy drives home from college on the 16th.  She takes requests, right? 😜

9 minutes ago, Bagsmom said:

I would like to request that Mother Nature hold off her mischief until after my boy drives home from college on the 16th.  She takes requests, right? 😜

Generally Mother Nature has a mind of her own. You should know... you're a mother! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, RandyRhythm said:

I love even the chance of it! 

How does this compare to this time last year with the storm that brought 10in to NE Paulding?

Yes. Curious as well, comparing the set up of the storm... I THINK it was the Canadian that really came to fruition that day and saw the way it trained for hoursssss right over Paulding!. 

• Like 1

Good morning!
Taking a look at the overnight model runs and things aren't quite as rosy as yesterday. The GFS, which was the most bullish, has calmed down while the Euro still has a little interest. Still far far away in a distant time... 😉 

On to the next run...

• Like 1

Do Not Look at the 12z GFS, if you live in NC!!!!!!!! You have been warned! 

• Like 2

An excerpt from one of Joe Bastardi's post

So I am certainly pumped for 3 major winter weather events, the first of course this weekend in the heart land, but a second one around day 5/6 that I think has a lot of potential, and then the end of the cold regime feature in what is now day 10-12. A bit of slowing over the Pacific and that could really go to town, but there has to be a worry about pieces left behind and more ridging interrupting the phasing between the northern and southern branch. Still this is about as good as it gets (actually 2003 had a great single storm early, 1981 did too along with 1960, but when one stops and thinks about Nov 15-Dec 15 in much of the nation, what a pattern,

• Like 2

Have you seen the latest models that just came out......trying not to get my hopes up to much but it is looking pretty interesting.  I feel that we may get something just because this has been popping up as hints for at least a week.  I hope that the models are not having problems with the input and giving us just fantasy storms.

Dec 9_10 2018.png

• Like 3