• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Potential Winter Threat - December 6-11

The latest 18z GFS still shows winter precip, but this run is more freezing rain/sleet. In this and the previous run, the winter precip is dependent on the formation of a wedge.  The 850 temps weren't as cold on this run as the previous run and the pressures pushing down the east side of the mountains weren't as high either. Still... 8 days away and it is certainly nice to be following something. 🙂

30-gfs_ptype_slp_atl_35.thumb.png.b0da0a711d7b186027ea490069563d6c.png

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AmberWestbrook said:

And of course we have to be up in pigeon forge on the 7th-8th for my mother's wedding... this is possibly gonna be fun to drive home in. 

That would be great for me! You need a driver? 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have all the fancy maps you all do but so keep watching my App and your updates🙂.  You can tell when a run has gone thru and the app updated.  I see snow showers One minute . Then nothing,  then icing, then mix precip then nothing then snow showers again.  Roller coaster! So could this be an multi day event?  I see,some winter weather staring the 8th then on into the 10th???  And the Temps seem to get in the 40s every day??  Still a long way out but but I am doing the snow dance😁...  No ice please

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ham360 said:

I don't have all the fancy maps you all do but so keep watching my App and your updates🙂.  You can tell when a run has gone thru and the app updated.  I see snow showers One minute . Then nothing,  then icing, then mix precip then nothing then snow showers again.  Roller coaster! So could this be an multi day event?  I see,some winter weather staring the 8th then on into the 10th???  And the Temps seem to get in the 40s every day??  Still a long way out but but I am doing the snow dance😁...  No ice please

Yea, the models will be all over the place with big snows one minute and nothing the next. It's all just a part of our elusive winter weather in the southeast. We probably won't know anything specific until a few days away. Makes it feel like you're waiting on Christmas except that you KNOW Christmas is coming.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I'm going to need for any winter weather to hold off until Sunday. I'm going to watch Atlanta United win an MLS Championship in Atlanta on Saturday.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BishopJean said:

Yeah, I'm going to need for any winter weather to hold off until Sunday. I'm going to watch Atlanta United win an MLS Championship in Atlanta on Saturday.

I just saw that!!! And the game is already sold out! Very awesome! 

• Like 1

May be up to a 45% chance of this happening now! Good to have the Euro and CMC on board!

OMG ! The GEFS ensembles from 0z Saturday night!!!

My fave, e2!!☃️☃️☃️☃️

F47CC0C9-6D10-4D89-9E6C-75725C100B64.png

CE904F2C-F618-4BF1-8FB4-1C0AABBC0EFA.png

• Like 1