• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Potential Winter Threat - December 6-11

28 minutes ago, KellieFernander said:

My husband is about to emerge out of the Grayson Kroger.. I'll give you all a live report when he gets out. 

Current observational report: its packed. 

But I usually shop at 8am when there are 12 people in the store (2 customers +staff) 

(Legit, I forgot to buy his special lactose free milk on my normal shopping trip.) 

Edit: whole milk is still there. Unless you're looking for lactose free milk you'll be fine. Bread is wiped, water is also wiped!

sending husband NOW Dacula Kroger better have bread!!!

• Haha 1

So is GSP aware of the fact that we are at the freezing point in Rabun county almost 12 hours ahead of their hourly forecast. I expected some adjustments with the afternoon update but didn't see any.

• Like 1

Temp down to 38 in Winder. (Barrow County) Never made the projected high of 44 degrees.

Edited by ScottB
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JenRay said:

sending husband NOW Dacula Kroger better have bread!!!

I got a extra loaf if you need it.. its sugar free wheat but hey.. bread is bread when the power is out and you need french toast eh? 

• Like 1

Huge news for Jackson, Madison, Elbert, etc coming from WYFF channel 4 in Greenville, SC

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisJustusMeteorologist/videos/270832933583311/?notif_id=1544304226588397&notif_t=live_video

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WILL said:

Any idea when the high winds will hit?

Winds have picked up quite a bit here in Winder. Gusts up to 11 mph for now. 

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

At the mall of Georgia right now 

You poor, poor man. I feel for ya. 

I think that is a great video by the NWS FFC.  I will say we were supposed to get to 42 today and we never cracked 39°.

I keep watching the simulated radar from the WRF panels and can't help but be impressed by the CAD that it projects.  When I think about the winds being 30-40PM this could really be a hot mess.  Here are just a couple snap shots in about a 14 hour impact.ZR3.thumb.png.ce3d4b7148608535796bdceb039c6688.pngZR5.thumb.png.66069d0f2a7b30a5cf0cc81607627f38.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dink said:

You poor, poor man. I feel for ya. 

You are 3 miles from my house from door to door 🙂. I use to work at the Mall of Georgia a couple of years ago.  It's horrid during the holidays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Down to 35 in Buford 

In Dacula, not too far - 39 stil here- i keep antcipating the temp to drop but it isnt 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Back to 33 here. Rain/sleet for the last hour after getting 1/2 inch of snow earlier. So some warming aloft already which I wasn’t expecting quite so early.

Radar has said snow all day, but it hasn’t been since the initial few hours of it earlier.

7 minutes ago, JenRay said:

In Dacula, not too far - 39 stil here- i keep antcipating the temp to drop but it isnt 

37.8 here at my house in Dacula, 0.5º colder than the last hour.

4 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

37.8 here at my house in Dacula, 0.5º colder than the last hour.

37.8 in Winder as well.

Jefferson it’s 36 but my wife has to drive to Atlanta in the morning from Jefferson I’m not sure if I should get a hotel in town or not. 🤷🏻‍♂️