• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Potential Winter Threat - December 6-11

Nothing but rain and 37°. Dropped to 35° 40 minutes ago. Almost ready to call the quits and go to bed. Or drive 30 minutes to the snow. Lol

Screenshot_20181209-021225.png

4 hours ago, cjmj1008 said:

Steve are you able to start a post on the fb page for what people are seeing and where?

If I wasn't sleeping... yes

Good morning to everyone! Sorry I couldn't stay up for all the fun last night! So here it is at 3:27 am and and the wind is blowing and the icy cold rain is falling and I'm at 34.3ºF That's the coldest I've been all night. No chance of freezing squat at 34 degrees. 

Well... it wasn't the first event I was looking for, but at least some of you had some winter weather. 

I started this thread back on Wednesday November 28th... 11 days ago, hoping to get a glimpse of some snow. But Mother Nature plays cruel tricks to us in Georgia during the winter months. 🙂 

It apparently took a storm like this to get people active over here, so I'm thankful for that, and I appreciate all of the people that contributed their weather knowledge here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Good morning to everyone! Sorry I couldn't stay up for all the fun last night! So here it is at 3:27 am and and the wind is blowing and the icy cold rain is falling and I'm at 34.3ºF That's the coldest I've been all night. No chance of freezing squat at 34 degrees. 

Well... it wasn't the first event I was looking for, but at least some of you had some winter weather. 

I started this thread back on Wednesday November 28th... 11 days ago, hoping to get a glimpse of some snow. But Mother Nature plays cruel tricks to us in Georgia during the winter months. 🙂 

It apparently took a storm like this to get people active over here, so I'm thankful for that, and I appreciate all of the people that contributed their weather knowledge here. 

You can have my snow if I can have your power..been down for 2 hours in demorest. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bshart311 said:

You can have my snow if I can have your power..been down for 2 hours in demorest. 

Bummer. I bought a generator and had to use it for Irma a few years ago, so far haven't had to use it when it's cold.

I had a feeling I’d be sitting at 33 for hours and seeing 95% rain ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh this wind storm is real though!!😂😂

Edited by Dahlonegawinter

Looking just across the border, I see these reports.

Snap34586-09.jpg

There was just a teeny-tiny dusting of snow out in western Lumpkin County when the sun rose this morning. The rain's already washed much of that away, and the porch thermometer is still stubbornly parked at 35, same as when I got home yesterday afternoon.

I'm sure I heard sleet pecking at the windows in the night, though... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Some of us have had a lot of rain. My two feet of snow is running down the drain.

stp-ffc-09-811am.thumb.png.3750256db0f75e1be2ede97678dd957b.png

stp-ffc-09-811am-2.thumb.png.cf7a24bbe5a84315dff843c621bf627f.png

I have a little bit of sleet (I think it's sleet) mixing with the rain here in northeast Barrow.

Lots of power issues here in Dacula today due to high winds and buckets of rain. I normally have a pretty stable 120v coming to the house, but today, it's been dropping to 115v and causing my UPS's to kick in. Glad I have a generator. 

4 minutes ago, John said:

Is this storm done?

For the most part, yes. Some could see some light snow/flurries later today and through tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

For the most part, yes. Some could see some light snow/flurries later today and through tomorrow.

Well this was fun. When's the next ride start?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3