• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Hurricane Dorian (05L)

So I noticed last night, in what had to be a cruel joke from the long range GFS, that it developed one of those waves over the Eastern Atlantic and then stalled it over the Northern Bahamas. I just can't imagine.... Based on the looks of the Eastern Atlantic and the amount of waves lining up to come off of Africa this tropical season is nowhere near done, but I do pray they are spared anymore impacts. 

We just went under  TS Warning.  Right now we have had a little rain and 10-20mph win.  Quiet right now

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RickyD said:

We just went under  TS Warning.  Right now we have had a little rain and 10-20mph win.  Quiet right now

Awesome! Let us know how it goes! 

49 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Time to start watching!

Dang! I got in too late and now it’s dark. That wind sounds ferocious though. 

• Haha 1

Nothing    We sit just out side of the outer bands.  Winds at 12.  Skies almost clear.  The rain is almost in spitting distance. The cut off point to this system eastward is almost unbelievable. 

2 hours ago, RickyD said:

Nothing    We sit just out side of the outer bands.  Winds at 12.  Skies almost clear.  The rain is almost in spitting distance. The cut off point to this system eastward is almost unbelievable. 

2 hours ago, RickyD said:

Yes, tropical cyclone rain cutoffs are very sharp. The haves and the have not.