• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Friday, September 13

Good morning! You weekend has arrived!

More showers, more clouds, and cooler temps is the weather story today. 

The upper level ridge begins to breakdown this
evening and continues into the weekend. With this ridge weakening,
temps will begin to moderate a bit and we should start to see day
time highs more in the 80's versus the 90's. Temps today are still
expected to be in the middle to upper 90's, but temps Saturday will get
into the upper 80's to lower 90's. Most locations will see a 5 to 10
degree difference in daytime highs from today to Saturday.

This showery period appears to hang around for at least a week, so many will finally get the relief that's needed.

So far this year, we've been left out of the tropical party, and it's looking like 95L is not going to grace us with its presence here. South Georgia needs some rainfall and a tropical system would take care of that nicely, but we're going to have to look further out for hope. You can see some moisture flowing in from 95L and an upper level low is also aiding in rotating some showers and thunderstorms into the mix, so hopefully a few will see some rain out of it. 

Snap346062589.thumb.jpg.208b3175ba0448c7e7a53f18281112a7.jpg

I'm updating the tropics side of things over here:

Other than the tropics, late summer and early fall are boring weather periods and there isn't much going on at the moment. We are starting to see cooler temperatures across the northern part of the country, and before you know it, we'll start seeing those here.

Snap346062590.thumb.jpg.889f2ccad974a5e3dc00fd57312d10ae.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the day! I will be returning home later today, but have to return to Sarasota on Tuesday to help tend to my dad. Either way... I'll have the weather covered for you. 🙂

Have a good one!

forecast-13.jpg.d015420719907cd01824411c1fb31aca.jpg

The heat was downright impressive yesterday. We got to just shy of 95 degrees at around 4:30. That's extremely rare territory up here at any point in the summer much less mid September. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

The heat was downright impressive yesterday. We got to just shy of 95 degrees at around 4:30. That's extremely rare territory up here at any point in the summer much less mid September. 

It's been brutal all across the SE, and it was the same way in Sarasota. I'm thrilled to have cloudy skies this morning (Sat)