• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Thursday, September 26

Good morning!

Another day closer to cooler weather! I think that's the way we have to look at things right now. 

It appears that hurricane Lorenzo may be the guy that shakes up the global patterns and takes us into fall. Watch this loop. Lorenzo is the little blue area out in the middle of the Atlantic. Keep and eye on that as the loop runs and watch how it interacts with a trough in the north Atlantic. Just like a pebble in the water, Lorenzo's actions in the north Atlantic will kick off a series of changes that will ripple around the world. 

gfs-deterministic-nhemi-z500_anom-1569456000-1569456000-1570838400-40.thumb.gif.93b8ec742082567216d686f74d55ccaa.gif

But for now, we sizzle. 

The NWS doesn't want to get anyone's hopes up, so this is the very last sentence from the morning AFD

The longer range models are potentially indicating a frontal passage by the end of the week...

Can you hear the excitement in their voice? /sarc

Other people see it too...

Here are the potential temperatures for Blairsville from the GEFS. 

gfs-KDZJ-daily_tmin_tmax-9456000.thumb.png.0ab9c457baba515b68afdb886626bb8d.png

So hang in there, I know it's tough and I know everyone will be relieved when the heat is gone and we can enjoy the weather again. 
Stay cool and have a great day!

forecast-26.jpg.4f4a8cf0fe3a2b6def9a062d3defcd6c.jpg

• Like 1