• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Tuesday, October 1

Good morning!!! It's OCTOBER! 🏈 🍁🍂

Man... I can't WAIT for Saturday! This weekend will be the "official" start to fall as far as I'm concerned! We are finally going to see temperatures that actually match the season and the 90's will be a thing of the past after Friday.

Saturday may be warm (80's) for some of north Georgia if you believe the Euro, 70's and 60's if you believe the GFS, but from that point on.... we have fall.

These are the 2 pm temps for Sat/Sun/Mon according to the GFS operational model at the moment.

Saturday
gfs-georgia-t2m_f-0298400.thumb.png.a6ac8df66f2689419f04bb664bca83ee.png

Sunday
gfs-georgia-t2m_f-0384800.thumb.png.151e7b519fa4e2e57169a86027a84911.png

Monday
gfs-georgia-t2m_f-0471200.thumb.png.4feef451d62efaf0d670e931603dff2b.png

Today is pick on Cartersville Day and the are the GFS ensemble temps for you.

1398618264_gfs-KVPC-daily_tmin_tmax-9888000(1).thumb.png.e372897ef53ced828d9b82a5e9135570.png

Starting to get the idea that the heat is going away? 🙂 

This morning we have a clash of the titans across the US. Out west, a deep trough is forecast to move out of the Rockies and over the plains as the week progresses. Notice the temps under the core of the trough, I see some single digits in that area. As the trough progresses east, there is some potential for a low pressure to form near the Gulf coast.That may be our chance to see a decent rainfall event, and I know that would be welcomed by everyone. We'll see how that goes, and if it happens, it would probably be around the Monday/Tuesday timeframe, That is discussed a little bit in the Extended Forecast Discussion: 

Snap346062688.thumb.jpg.5dbecf3b3b2f4a88a5549190d0f177a7.jpg

So that's pretty much it for now. We just need to get through Friday and we'll finally be home free. 🙂 I've been waiting on this since the start of summer. 🙂

Have a great Tuesday!

forecast-01.jpg.c81f173cdf02f10e9c292aeec243c781.jpg

• Like 2

Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!

–Humbert Wolfe (1886–1940)

i know October is really dry and i know extended forecasts are normally wrong but COME ON! I need some rain for my sanity. 

image.thumb.png.bd7fff739b1360de601833eda443e27a.png

2 minutes ago, Jeff9702 said:

i know October is really dry and i know extended forecasts are normally wrong but COME ON! I need some rain for my sanity. 

image.thumb.png.bd7fff739b1360de601833eda443e27a.png

No... I think there might be a good chance for rain next week. We need to watch the evolution of the trough as it progresses across the country and see what might form at the tail end of the trailing front. 

• Like 1

We'll see how many people read this from Weatherbell. Lot's of explanations behind "The Verdict", but for what it's worth...

The Verdict

There is potential for plenty of cold even after the end of February. The overall tendency for colder weather later in the winter should continue. The forecast is a warmer version some of the analogs. In the coldest case, a blend of 2013-14 and 2014-15 would take over (what the Pioneer looks like). We have chosen a more conservative approach that leaves the door open for severe cold. It looks like population-weighted, a snowier than average winter is in the cards.

• Like 1