• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Saturday, January 11

Hugs my friend. Find a safe place and sit through it till it passes. The actual storms rarely last long.

3 minutes ago, Asperman1 said:

I am terrified, any comforting words to offer anyone?

Follow your plan, stay safe and it will be over quickly...hang in there!

I live n Acworth/Woodstock area and we got a few down pours, but that was about it. I did see a transformer blow a few streets down from mine, but other than that, not much action here which is a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Asperman1 said:

I am terrified, any comforting words to offer anyone?

It goes thru quick. Go to your safe space if it helps you. Not much lighting and thunder. 

Thank you everyone for the advice. Sadly I am on the second floor of a 2 story apartment complex, visiting family in Cumming, but I am still in a windowless hallway in the center, so still somewhat safe

The line chased us back home from Gadsden, I underestimated the speed at which the line was moving and saw some considerable wind damage along the way. Clocked winds at over 70 at one point, as we were trying to get out of the core. That was a helluva QLCS! Back home safe in Blue Ridge.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asperman1 said:

Floyd County PD tweeted a picture of a rainbow

Does that mean it is slowly ending?

• Like 1

Just went through the line in Gainesville, very very rough. We made sure to time it right that we were in a restaurant when it came through. Worried about home right now though...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Just went through the line in Gainesville, very very rough. We made sure to time it right that we were in a restaurant when it came through. Worried about home right now though...

Ibam glad you are safe, should it still be done in Dawson and Forsyth by 7?

• Like 1

I am happy that the Severe Storm Warnings for Forsyth and Dawson were allowed to expire, it makes me feel a bit better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asperman1 said:

Ibam glad you are safe, should it still be done in Dawson and Forsyth by 7?

Yeah once the main line on the front has passed you, the worst of it is over. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LHarkins913 said:

It got so bad so fast here in Dallas. Sitting without power now. The wind was probably the strongest I’ve experienced since living here in Dallas. I got scared about trees coming down so the kids and I ran to the basement. 

hang on tight all of you east of us. Be safe!

I'm about 15 minutes south of you, near 92 and Brownsville Rd.  Wild wind, heavy rain, and a power flicker, but ours stayed on, thankfully.  I took a short video of the wind blowing sheets of pouring rain down the street.  I thought it was hailing for a moment, but it was just heavy, heavy rain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, inlovewithwords said:

I'm about 15 minutes south of you, near 92 and Brownsville Rd.  Wild wind, heavy rain, and a power flicker, but ours stayed on, thankfully.  I took a short video of the wind blowing sheets of pouring rain down the street.  I thought it was hailing for a moment, but it was just heavy, heavy rain.

I’m hearing a few reports about a tornado literally right near my location, and tons of houses and cars in my square mile have trees on them. Anxious to see what reports say later on!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nic said:

The line chased us back home from Gadsden, I underestimated the speed at which the line was moving and saw some considerable wind damage along the way. Clocked winds at over 70 at one point, as we were trying to get out of the core. That was a helluva QLCS! Back home safe in Blue Ridge.

Awesome!!! Glad your safe!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

You made it. 🙂

Yes, I did, but only with help from the family I am wwith, and the amazing people on this website.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Current Outages

Snap346063420.thumb.png.c2f02b3675dd4e33911f9a27c7da89ca.png

Snap346063421.thumb.png.35091e9b617fceb0dbf6fd236dbac37b.png

Snap346063422.thumb.png.aec71d59c33fd62730723fd01451055e.png

GreyStone is having trouble. I know there’s at least 6200 out(last time the app actually worked...) 

• Like 1

Ok... for all practical purposes, the severe weather is over. Just a couple of eastern counties with a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and then the severe will be over for north Georgia. Hope everyone made it ok!

The rain will continue for a while but even that is ending over the western side of the state. Notice there is a little tail in Alabama trailing all the other rain, and some of you could see a little more rain before it all ends.

1226073426_GR2A-20200112-KFFC_0004_BR_0.5-0004.thumb.png.a8a53a7aaf379aa2685d10100d02cb7e.pngSnap346063423.thumb.png.55d029ecf7348a587e4312eb04d777e6.png