• Forum Image

1 minute ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Oh good lord what a beautiful storm 300 + hours out on the GFS. I don't even know what I'd do if I saw a look that great inside 3 days, might just shed a tear lol. Haven't even looked at the clown maps yet but I'm sure they are glorious. 

I just saw that and about cried lol gimme half that. I’ll be satisfied. Gimme all of it??I may have to go get re-baptized lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, LHarkins913 said:

Hey. Steve. Psst!

can I nag you for a “NOT A FORECAST” fun map? Lol just for s&g of course🤣 

I got it. Tried to stop myself from even looking but couldn't resist lol

*DEFINITELY NOT A FORECAST*gfs-deterministic-atlanta-snow_72hr-0385600.thumb.png.0b0fb70696add47d0120af658fa6ddb2.png

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that was maybe the most beautiful storm I've ever seen modeled. Just absolute perfection. Shame it's so far out in time. But still positive signs at just how much potential exists going forward. This is exactly what I was talking about with hoping that maybe our 2nd cold shot can setup the trough in a better position. 

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, Snow1226 said:

What do y'all think February will be like I've seen ppl saying its gonna be cold an seen others saying its gonna be hot 

Too early for anybody to know for sure. But what guidance we do have points to below normal temperatures for now. Lots of people out there freaking out over the EPS depiction of some minor warming after the first cold spell, but even it brings the cold right back in just a few days later. It can still go either way, but for now everything favors normal to below normal. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

*DEFINITELY NOT A FORECAST*gfs-deterministic-atlanta-snow_72hr-0385600.thumb.png.0b0fb70696add47d0120af658fa6ddb2.png

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that was maybe the most beautiful storm I've ever seen modeled. Just absolute perfection. Shame it's so far out in time. But still positive signs at just how much potential exists going forward. This is exactly what I was talking about with hoping that maybe our 2nd cold shot can setup the trough in a better position. 

That is just AWESOME! 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

I’ll take it! 😉 it’s just fun to look sometimes! Especially when you’re a snow lover! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Part of that is this.

gfs-deterministic-atlanta-frzr_total-0493600.thumb.png.7267816aa0f74b3b44ef3115f11ab08f.png

Definitely a small amount of that down in the Athens area and the East Metro is. But the majority of the ice on that map falls in the storm before that one. I chose the 72 hour map to try to avoid that messing with the totals. 

27 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

I wish I could put into words how excited I am about how the end of the month looks.........

Definitely a fun period from all the looks we've got right now. Hopefully we can get inside 7 days and get some ensemble consolidation around the 28th time period.

My word of advice is pace yourselves. This is going to be a long roller coaster ride with lots of highs and lows. Storms will come and go in the long range, and our moods will come and go with them if we aren't careful lol. 

• Like 4