• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Friday, February 7

Odds look 50/50 at best for me here in SE Paulding County.  What is they say you should do?  Wear your pajamas inside out and backwards and flush ice cubes down the toilet?  If it works, I'll do it! 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, inlovewithwords said:

Odds look 50/50 at best for me here in SE Paulding County.  What is they say you should do?  Wear your pajamas inside out and backwards and flush ice cubes down the toilet?  If it works, I'll do it! 😂

Hey... 50/50 is better than anything we've had this winter. 😁 I'm in the same boat as you here in Gwinnett. Right on the edge.

• Like 1

Just now, Asperman1 said:

As a Dawson County Resident, do I have reason to fall asleep in an excited and hopeful attitude?

Absolutely. Could be in one of the very best spots. Should get under way around 9ish tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Absolutely. Could be in one of the very best spots. Should get under way around 9ish tomorrow morning. 

Looks like I have reason to wake up early on a Saturday, lol Hope everyone sleeps well

• Like 3

You know, I try not to be too critical of the NWS because they are the experts and they have the thankless job of trying to predict the future. But if they are right about this forecast, then I'm giving up on models forever because there isn't a single one showing anything like this.721181593_Screenshot_20200207-2300492.thumb.png.42fd0b17936936100d1cc8131b8c2bce.png

NWS Atlanta has the next county over staying all snow through 4pm then possibly mixing with rain. I just don't get how they can be so far apart...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dahlonegadawg said:

Is looking at 2.5 inches in lumpkin county me being too greedy?

I’d say bet on 1.5 - 2 and be thrilled if you hit the over. And for whatever its worth, I think your chances on doing just that are pretty good.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

I’d say bet on 1.5 - 2 and be thrilled if you hit the over. And for whatever its worth, I think your chances on doing just that are pretty good.

That is exciting 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

You know, I try not to be too critical of the NWS because they are the experts and they have the thankless job of trying to predict the future. But if they are right about this forecast, then I'm giving up on models forever because there isn't a single one showing anything like this.721181593_Screenshot_20200207-2300492.thumb.png.42fd0b17936936100d1cc8131b8c2bce.png

NWS Atlanta has the next county over staying all snow through 4pm then possibly mixing with rain. I just don't get how they can be so far apart...

I feel like everything I see is different. Weather Channel says all rain for West GA, Channel 2 is predicting all snow but no accumulation...guess we’ll all see in the morning!

Wow. Winter Storm Warning just issued for Fannin and a few others. At 3:07 am. 

Welp... Winds are killing us in Rabun right now. They died down finally between midnight and 2 and the temp fell to 27. They cranked back up and the mixing has got us all the way back up the 32. Looking around at other stations and this doesn't seem to be happening anywhere else really. Officially worried now... 

6 hours ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

And... the collaborated. 🙂 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Welp... Winds are killing us in Rabun right now. They died down finally between midnight and 2 and the temp fell to 27. They cranked back up and the mixing has got us all the way back up the 32. Looking around at other stations and this doesn't seem to be happening anywhere else really. Officially worried now... 

Where are you that it has gotten to 32? It’s 23 in Sky Valley and the low-mid 20s for most of the north end of the county. 

2 minutes ago, Preston said:

Where are you that it has gotten to 32? It’s 23 in Sky Valley and the low-mid 20s for most of the north end of the county. 

In Tiger. It is dropping again now. Here's the wind and temp data. During each of those spikes in wind speed the temp rose or at least struggled to fall. 1696516714_Screenshot_20200208-0540302.thumb.png.ccd56a0f9f2712f4efcb1cb71cc7a555.png898316201_Screenshot_20200208-0544542.thumb.png.0791ca0c901129fa946f48314e02d35f.png

Capped at 32.1 before the winds died and it started back down again. I looked at other stations around most of the county on weather underground and they all had that same spiking temp after 2 AM. Was worried the winds wouldn't let up and we would start the day with borderline temps. But I think they may have finally relented, but then of course I thought that the first time they stopped lol. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

And... the collaborated. 🙂 

Wondered why they hadn't at least tried to mesh up their forecasts. Big improvements from GSP, many storms they've held out until the event is already halfway over to change their forecast lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1