• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Monday, February 17

52 minutes ago, Dahlonegadawg said:

How we feeling tonight?😊

Increasingly confident in some undetermined amount of snow falling at least over the very northeastern corner of the state. 

1 hour ago, Dahlonegadawg said:

How we feeling tonight?😊

Well if you believe Glenn burns he said it’s only gonna be a mix of rain/snow for a couple hours and that’s it.  And I know it’s Glenn and he rubs people the wrong way but still 

Edited by LoveSnow

5 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

Well if you believe Glenn burns he said it’s only gonna be a mix of rain/snow for a couple hours and that’s it.  And I know it’s Glenn and he rubs people the wrong way but still 

Well Glenn said just 2 days ago that literally every model he saw said it was gonna be dry cloudy and windy across the SE lol. It was an outright lie hoping suppression would win out and he'd end up right in the end.

• Like 1

Evening medium range guidance is split 50/50, GFS is beginning to line up more with the NAM and the Canadian is not buying it in NE GA but doesn't seem to be recognizing evap cooling and leaving us with mostly a cold rain. Interested in what the NAM 3K and EURO has to say in the morning but that's all the model watching I have in me tonight. I'm gonna go to bed and hopefully dream about an overproducing overrunning precip scenario. 

Just now, Preston said:

Evening medium range guidance is split 50/50, GFS is beginning to line up more with the NAM and the Canadian is not buying it in NE GA but doesn't seem to be recognizing evap cooling and leaving us with mostly a cold rain. Interested in what the NAM 3K and EURO has to say in the morning but that's all the model watching I have in me tonight. I'm gonna go to bed and hopefully dream about an overproducing overrunning precip scenario. 

Yeah it's definitely still far from settled. I'd put ours and Towns (maybe Union?) county's odds at seeing snowfall now in the 40-50% range. The next tier of counties(Stephens, Habersham, White, Lumpkin, etc) I'd say around 20-30%. These odds could go up or down dramatically as we start moving into better Hi-Res data territory tomorrow.