• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Thursday, February 20

Slacking off a little (varying rates) but we are starting to get a coating in Sky Valley

F53E8FD2-8DCE-42D2-9452-E7C942FFD774.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Preston said:

Slacking off a little (varying rates) but we are starting to get a coating in Sky Valley

I like that sign! Did that come from WU?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Preston said:

I have an idea for you. Add a flat bottom around the pole and then mark the pole like a ruler so you have a built in snowboard! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

I like that sign! Did that come from WU?

Yeah, I know a guy who worked for them on the business and marketing side and he hooked me up with one a couple years ago.

• Like 1

What are your thoughts on possible ice on the roads tomorrow morning in Gwinnett? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WDN4 said:

What are your thoughts on possible ice on the roads tomorrow morning in Gwinnett? 

I see what you are trying to do... trying to find a 2 hour delay for us to school!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kshields8426 said:

Still just raining in the upper elevations of Rabun Gap. Maybe I will make it home!

We're rooting for you Kevin! You can do it! wilson.jpg.3394908071cb6cc27a8af1d86999ec79.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WDN4 said:

Could be some ice mainly due to the excessive rainfall we've had. 

8 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

I have an idea for you. Add a flat bottom around the pole and then mark the pole like a ruler so you have a built in snowboard! 

I had that thought but a lot of times when we have snow we have wind out of the NW and there is a bush to the right of the pole and it would be an obstruction for the snow board. I had to find a different spot in the yard for it. I’m kind of limited where I could put the weather station, everywhere else in the yard gets pretty good sunlight in the summer or is obstructed from above by trees and would mess up rain collection. 

• Like 1

Just now, Preston said:

I had that thought but a lot of times when we have snow we have wind out of the NW and there is a bush to the right of the pole and it would be an obstruction for the snow board. I had to find a different spot in the yard for it. I’m kind of limited where I could put the weather station, everywhere else in the yard gets pretty good sunlight in the summer or is obstructed from above by trees and would mess up rain collection. 

Siting a weather is always a challenge. I'm debating where I'm going to put mine when I move. I will be detaching the anemometer and putting where it belongs this time.

• Like 1

So if I'm reading these correctly, it looks like temps are trending warmer in Georgia than forecasted?

• Like 1

I can honestly say I've never seen of these. 
-------------------------
AIRPORT WEATHER WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC
1110 AM EST THU FEB 20 2020

...AIRPORT WEATHER WARNING FOR GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG AIRPORT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED AN
AIRPORT WEATHER WARNING FOR...

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT /GSP/

FOR THE FOLLOWING WEATHER HAZARDS:

* WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR ACCUMULATING SNOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 
  MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT.
  • Like 1

Wasn't paying attention to what I thought was rain over the last 30 minutes. Thick layer of sleet on the porch actually. Temps and dew points falling a lot faster now with the heavier precip. 

• Like 2

Really beginning to come down hard in Sky Valley, the road through the neighborhood is covered just from now to five minutes ago when this video was taken. 

• Like 2