• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Thursday, February 20

3 minutes ago, Tori said:

Those models are through next week. Is there something we don’t know about? 🤪😂

There is something that you didn't know about... but now you do. 😜 It gives us something to talk about after this is over. ❄️

• Like 1

Rabun Gap seeing some light snow. Sleet and mostly rain on 441 from RGNS to DT Clayton. Seneca seeing a decent amount of sleet mixed in with a lot of rain...random flurry as well.

• Thanks 1

Steve im seriously doubting anything for ball ground right? looking good on 3/1 though but thats just a dream lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff9702 said:

Steve im seriously doubting anything for ball ground right? looking good on 3/1 though but thats just a dream lol.

Jeff, you will eventually see some snow, but not sure exactly when the cold air will make its way there. At least we have another chance down the road. 

• Like 1

All snow now, very heavy. Still too warm though, melting on contact. Elevated surfaces are a bit slushy just from the rates. Hoping this drives the temp down from the top down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

All snow now, very heavy. Still too warm though, melting on contact. Elevated surfaces are a bit slushy just from the rates. Hoping this drives the temp down from the top down.

Good, all snow. NOW we can get some pictures. 😜 LOL!

• Like 1

Just now, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Good, all snow. NOW we can get some pictures. 😜 LOL!

Of what, puddles? I know in Clayton it is coming down, but like King said..melting almost immediately on contact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rwarren5 said:

Reports of snow in higher elevations in Dawson and Lumpkin counties. 

I'm in western Lumpkin county. Out the window I see a little bit of snow mixing in with the rain which I suspect is starting to freeze. I can see a glaze building up on my back deck though the thermometer still stands at 40 on the porch.

Yeah it's all puddles haha. And the surface temp isn't really dropping much. Got a feeling it'll be too late before it does. Just a frustrating rain storm with massive white rain drops lol

• Like 1

Just now, Tanith said:

I'm in western Lumpkin county. Out the window I see a little bit of snow mixing in with the rain which I suspect is starting to freeze. I can see a glaze building up on my back deck though the thermometer still stands at 40 on the porch.

It you're 40 it's probably not freezing, but it could get slushy. It depends on how accurate the thermometer is.

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

It you're 40 it's probably not freezing, but it could get slushy. It depends on how accurate the thermometer is.

It's right against the house, so it will always show warmer. The glaze on the back deck tells  me the truer tale.  😉

• Like 1

Just now, Tanith said:

It's right against the house, so it will always show warmer. The glaze on the back deck tells  me the truer tale.  😉

Yes. Careful if you go outside!

2 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

3 for 3!

NOT A FORECAST

ecmwf-deterministic-se-total_snow_10to1-2977600.thumb.png.6f53bc2c798ac263b25c6b86289d0050.png

Hmm that doesn’t look like the euro map I saw on another site..... the accumulation map was further south then this map indicates 

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Yeah it's all puddles haha. And the surface temp isn't really dropping much. Got a feeling it'll be too late before it does. Just a frustrating rain storm with massive white rain drops lol

I know you hate it, but I really want to get home tonight.

• Haha 1