• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Thursday, February 20

1 hour ago, gatormom said:

Just got an email from my GCPS principal telling us to make sure we took our computers home in case of cyber day...I assume the threat is black ice.

No emails at my GCPS High School and we dismiss in 30 minutes and can leave work at 2:45

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

Hmm that doesn’t look like the euro map I saw on another site..... the accumulation map was further south then this map indicates 

Where did you see a map?

Just now, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Where did you see a map?

On southernwx- it looks like Atlanta gets 2.3 inches 

25 minutes ago, JenRay said:

No emails at my GCPS High School and we dismiss in 30 minutes and can leave work at 2:45

It's the World Class communication system. Have they switched to Microsoft Outlook yet? If not... it's coming.

4 minutes ago, kshields8426 said:

I know you hate it, but I really want to get home tonight.

I know how that is. I had to drive in the last one we had and it was nerve wracking to say the least. How late you coming back? 

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

It's the World Class communication system. Have they switches to Microsoft Outlook yet? If not... it's coming.

Yes, they switched to it last week 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JenRay said:

Yes, they switched to it last week 

I think they said we were switching March 1....wonder if its a roll out system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

I know how that is. I had to drive in the last one we had and it was nerve wracking to say the least. How late you coming back? 

Leaving Seneca at 5. Only worry I have is accumulation on roads, if any. I will be home before ice becomes an issue. Daughter at home says even our mountain road is clear still

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kshields8426 said:

Leaving Seneca at 5. Only worry I have is accumulation on roads, if any. I will be home before ice becomes an issue. Daughter at home says even our mountain road is clear still

Yeah road temps are good, it'd just depend on if it's coming down so fast it can't melt fast enough. I drove a little pt cruiser through 5 inch snow packed roads last week and it handled it like a champ. Just take it slow and be safe! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gatormom said:

I think they said we were switching March 1....wonder if its a roll out system.

They are rolling it out. The did Dacula MS Jan 7th or around then. Something new to learn, always fun!

City of Sky Valley is out and about, they just plowed our neighborhood and it is a priority 3 road within the city. Best small town road crew around! 

• Like 3

We definitely have sleet and freezing rain here in western Lumpkin county despite my thermometer's obsession with 40 degrees. You can hear its distinctive fall, the porch is icing up, and the trash can can just sit out there today and tonight. And the cat vociferously disapproves.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Yeah road temps are good, it'd just depend on if it's coming down so fast it can't melt fast enough. I drove a little pt cruiser through 5 inch snow packed roads last week and it handled it like a champ. Just take it slow and be safe! 

That's what I though. I lived in Vermont for several years, where they don't plow until a minimum of 4 inches...146 inches annually where i lived...i have the experience...only real worry is 76 is a no go for cell signal for about 30 minutes of my drive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Temp dropped about a degree in the last 30 minutes. Starting to get a coating now in grassy areas. IMG_20200220_143644.thumb.jpg.1db964329dd86697c8d2d4eadf7f1f30.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about!  🙂 

1 minute ago, kshields8426 said:

That's what I though. I lived in Vermont for several years, where they don't plow until a minimum of 4 inches...146 inches annually where i lived...i have the experience...only real worry is 76 is a no go for cell signal for about 30 minutes of my drive.

Road conditions

Snap346063915.png.018eb53b908f58762e0c4110c8d7d6ef.png

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Road conditions

Snap346063915.png.018eb53b908f58762e0c4110c8d7d6ef.png

that looks like no issue at all...unless 441 in mountain city, or somewhere near there, is destroyed. lol

• Haha 1