• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Friday, February 28

Had 0.6” of snow in Sky Valley today on the snow board. I measured several other spots and got a few different measurements, this was the average but it was very windy. 

6423C1A9-0AC1-45E9-B262-D957099FF8E5.jpeg

36 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Not a cloud in the sky here right now. Should radiate down nicely for at least an hour or so. 

Good! Maybe y’all can get some more snow later tonight! Down to 39.4 in Buford. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Not a cloud in the sky here right now. Should radiate down nicely for at least an hour or so. 

Do you think Dahlonega sees snow tongiht?

9 minutes ago, Dahlonegadawg said:

Do you think Dahlonega sees snow tongiht?

Probably. Can't say whether it'll stick or not, higher elevations are always a safer bet. Also last few runs of HRRR have been drying things out a lot so who knows how much moisture actually makes it this way. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Probably. Can't say whether it'll stick or not, higher elevations are always a safer bet. Also last few runs of HRRR have been drying things out a lot so who knows how much moisture actually makes it this way. 

Seems to be a lot in Tennessee 

Snowing lightly here now. Did get all the way down to 30.5 degrees, but in the last hour it went back up to 34.8. Looks like the rise in temps coincided with the winds picking up, so I guess the mixing is what caused it. Probably will end up with no accumulations again at this point. 

Edit: Went to sleep for a while and woke back up to check, I was wrong. It's still quite warm but it is still accumulating some in the yard and very well on elevated surfaces of course. Just it being night time is enough to overcome the warmth I suppose. 

• Like 1