• Forum Image

Such a sad situation there in Nashville. I looked at that storm on radar last night, just before going to bed, and it was just west of Nashville and starting to form a hook echo. But there was no warning yet so I thought it was just some broad upper level rotation from the high shear environment, so I went to bed and thought nothing of it. Shocking to wake up to that news this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Such a sad situation there in Nashville. I looked at that storm on radar last night, just before going to bed, and it was just west of Nashville and starting to form a hook echo. But there was no warning yet so I thought it was just some broad upper level rotation from the high shear environment, so I went to bed and thought nothing of it. Shocking to wake up to that news this morning. 

I popped awake for some reason around 2am and saw the NWS Tornado Warning message a friend had shared. I pulled up my MyRadar app and it was scary you could actually see the debris signature bc of how massive this beast was. Wish I had taken a screen shot. I kept trying to find live news feeds from there and struck out. Just terrible devastation. Heartbroken for them all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asperman1 said:

Does that apply to tomorrow as well? 
Also, do you think Georgia face a similar event to Tennessee?

No

• Like 1

Rainfall area is sinking south, starting to look more like a non-event for the NW corner. 

Now on the left, previous run on the right

Snap346064068.thumb.png.d70ff33c3b99f873f96f0e9634161035.png

One good thing, at least as far as prediction wise. We started out with 8 plus inches predicted on models , and a lot of 6plus. As we got closer the axis of rain predicted has moved south and the amounts have dropped considerably 

• Like 2

I know that quality isn’t great but if you look close enough... I believe I caught a lenticular cloud! Steve or someone else can correct me if I’m wrong! They were stacked up like one at least. 

C0F119E3-FC28-43E6-804F-F7CE0873CD2C.png

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

I know that quality isn’t great but if you look close enough... I believe I caught a lenticular cloud! Steve or someone else can correct me if I’m wrong! They were stacked up like one at least. 

lenticular.png.effaf5bc61b1e94bdfedb77837372232.png

Yep

3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Where was that?

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Where was that?

I took the photo at Briscoe field, ya know the airport, at about 4:45.