• Forum Image

Good morning!

Mild temperatures and rain this morning, would you expect anything else?

Snap346064109.thumb.png.71d07c94d57411930b7c40b523d26335.png

Showers will initially continue to increase this morning from the west ahead of a
cold front currently pushing into the mid-Mississippi Valley. Rain
chances will be maximized across north Georgia from this morning
into early afternoon.
Marginal instability may prove sufficient for
isolated thunderstorms this afternoon/evening in north Georgia, but
primarily showers are anticipated.

As the upper trough and associated surface low over the Great Lakes
this morning progress northeastward through today, the cold front
will lose its forward push and become stationary over north Georgia.
With the surface boundary over the area, isolated to widely
scattered showers will remain possible overnight in north Georgia,
though diminished forcing will reduce coverage.

You may hear some thunder this afternoon, but it will be very widely scattered. Other than that, just rain, and not much at that. Here is the WPC rainfall forecast for the next 24 hours. 

wpc-atlanta-total_precip_inch-3928000.thumb.png.854533432695f0d2b447dae3ae05c2bb.png

Starting today, there is a chance of rain for the next 7 days but you should be use to that by now. 🙂 Nothing new under the sun... or clouds. 🙂 This is the rainfall forecast through next Tuesday morning. Some of the models are showing higher amounts but we'll wait to see how those trend before showing them.

wpc-atlanta-total_precip_inch-4446400.thumb.png.5554f49e70113e3e9280d4b3290bb9a6.png

The SPC Day 1 through Day 3 Outlook shows that very slight chance of thunder but no severe. 

Here's the forecast for Blairsville. I like to pick on Blairsville since it is generally the coolest location in Georgia and I wanted to show the forecast temps.

Snap346064111.png.dcb4eea3fe7b92e78ce83e52ed6eff38.png

We won't be too far off from normal for this time of the year, and those "normal" highs and lows are below. Notice the highs are close but the lows are above normal due to the cloud cover and moisture. 

t2max_atlanta_MAR10.thumb.png.b5f17204015977969a888d1fedce770d.pngt2min_atlanta_MAR10.thumb.png.0a55bdaf436f46c93e6efbc92b9377ad.png

Again, not a lot to talk about right now, we're in a weather lull for the moment. Until the stratospheric PV decides to unwind and do its seasonal weakening, we will remain in this pattern. We haven't had any real intrusions of cold air yet, so no clash of air masses to generate severe weather. There are some signs that there may be some next week to our west, but we're too far away for any certainty.

Hopefully the rain will help to negate some of the pollen that is starting to float around right now. So far we've had a mild start to the pollen, but that only means that once it starts to rip, it will rip big. Notice how it normally starts to pick up after the middle of the month. 
Snap346064116.png.ec50a4dbed78da7d8f6c3ee827d90595.png

That's it, not much to talk about for the moment. Now that winter is over, people's interest in the weather wanes and other than severe weather and tropical systems, there isn't a lot to share. As we move closer to April, things will pick up again, but until then... nada.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! Stay dry and wash those hands! 🙂 

ffc-10.png.6c83e7fca1ced60f77d34e73ba9c4def.png

mrx-10.png.a09cc4ac5cb2d8e20364c8cf2246c36d.png

bmx-10.png.a037a6fb5c8f75242b8dd4b3f8488b94.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Ugh I dread that for sure. Least favorite season of the year, pollen season. 

Me too. When I was a kid I got allergy shots for 10 years for things like pollen's, grass, cats, some feathers, etc. 

Finally made it to a local one, Steve! 

perfect timing for what I think is going to be a crazy severe weather season!

image.jpg

11 hours ago, LHarkins913 said:

Finally made it to a local one, Steve! 

perfect timing for what I think is going to be a crazy severe weather season!

image.jpg

Awesome! I hope you enjoyed it!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LHarkins913 said:

I did! Very informative, learned a ton! 

That's great! Now... the next step would be to join Spotter Network (https://www.spotternetwork.org/ ) There is a test that you have to pass to join, but it is a good way to test your knowledge. On some of the maps and radar images I post, you'll see little icons that show storm spotters, and all of those spotters are registered through Spotter Network. Some phone radar apps like Radarscope can display those spotters as well as all the Gibson Ridge radar products I use. 

Here in this image from just a second ago, you can see the spotters gathered together over the NW corner of Arkansas. I can hover over the icon and see more detailed information about the spotter. This can help the NWS during severe weather is case they wanted to contact you. 

Snap346064123.png.dc9338ac00bd4a2752ad9c28ff2581fc.png

• Like 1

Sign of the times with an early morning developing MCS! Should be fun to watch as the day goes on, they typically have a mind of their own.

• Like 1

Just now, Shannon said:

Getting a good gusty shower in Lawrenceville. Caught me off of surprise. 

Just had one here, came down hard for a minute or two. 🙂 The MCS is poorly developed, it will end up just rain most likely.