• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Thursday, April 23

Looks like the atmosphere has cooperated and allowed the tops to build up high enough for cells to drop a lot of hail on the back side. N Georgia should see its share, especially I-20 corridor?

6 minutes ago, RickyD said:

Looks like the atmosphere has cooperated and allowed the tops to build up high enough for cells to drop a lot of hail on the back side. N Georgia should see its share, especially I-20 corridor?

I don't know if the higher temps and dewpoints will make it. With the clouds around we won't see a big jump in temps, so a moisture surge will be needed. Here are the line of storms and roughly the area of higher dewpoints. Keep in mind the line is moving east. I'm not sure how far it will build north before it moves east. Timing is everything. 

Snap346064965.thumb.png.b96667b51e7af1177cb6fed7e3a1bf03.png

These are temps. The storms that are forming are in a relatively warm sector and the question is how far that moisture moves east and north before the storms move east. If that makes sense. 🙂

Snap346064966.thumb.png.a11c5c32ea1e5a2bf8e915ecc672a667.png

This will sounds bad, I know, but I am glad when you don’t post. What I mean is, you not posting usually means things aren’t that bad, and makes me happy. Obviously, I thing you do AMAZING things, and am happy this site exists. I hope what I am saying makes sense.

• Thanks 1

They just put us back in the enhanced risk here in Franklin County. This is the strangest, most ever changing system I’ve ever followed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TinaTrivett said:

They just put us back in the enhanced risk here in Franklin County. This is the strangest, most ever changing system I’ve ever followed.

Or was it an old post that popped up?

3 minutes ago, TinaTrivett said:

Or was it an old post that popped up?

Probably old, because, according to the SPC website, the next outlook isn’t till 9-ish

• Like 1

Just now, Asperman1 said:

Probably old, because, according to the SPC website, the next outlook isn’t till 9-ish

Thank you so much. There’s been so many changes it’s hard to keep up. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, TinaTrivett said:

Thank you so much. There’s been so many changes it’s hard to keep up. 🙂

Welcome, I agree completely, some days, weather wise, are crazy as heck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

Wind is howling in Buford. Gust of 28 just now. 

Hadn't had any of that here. Had some heavy rain just a little while ago but that's about it.