• Forum Image

Good morning!

Finally!!!! I have enough internet to start back up with the morning post. i still don't have everything working, but hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have everything back at 100%. Things move a little slower in the mountains. 🙂

We have a nice moist flow off the Atlantic at the surface and even higher up in the atmosphere (this shows ~5000 feet) this morning, and that flow is pushing some light showers/foggy/dreary conditions into the area. 

Snap346065239.thumb.png.763effbd90d0d04af04537fac62e330e.png

Surface high pressure ridge/wedge will be the dominate weather feature across the area in the short term. Moist low-level easterly flow will remain across North and Central GA through mid week. This continues as the region stays in the transition zone between the upper ridge over the western Atlantic, and the large closed upper low over the central and southern plains states. The wave over south GA/N FL will continue to push northward today spreading showers and isolated thunderstorms across the state. Precip chances look good across the entire area but eastern portions of the state will see the higher chances and most QPF with 1 to 2 inches expected through Thursday.

With the wedge in place through the short term mid-level lapse rates and instability remain weak to moderate at best today and Wed. There could be some isolated strong storms to marginally severe thunderstorms, but chances are low. Continuing with mainly showers and isolated thunder chances in the forecast.

Our easterly flow is partially due to the tropical system that is bringing Florida some beneficial rainfall, and that low is expected to move north and likely increase our chances for rain. Nothing big is expected from this system as the upper level winds are not conducive for development, so for us, cooler temps and rain is our threat. I know you just LOVE all the rain. 😛 

Snap346065240.png.22fa0445288be8efa1079f1e249aefac.png

In case you haven't heard this seasons tropical outlook, here is what Weatherbell believes will happen this year

• There are many similarities to some notable hyperactive seasons.
  • A warm Atlantic Basin is already in place and no El Niño is expected.
  • Weighting analogs points at highly active seasons.
  • New Euro seasonal shows favorable MJO precipitation pattern for enhanced activity around North America.
  • Euro ACE still under average but highest of last 4 years
  • Our expectations of a big-ticket season have not changed from our March 10 outlook.

ATL_Hurricane_Season_Forecast_April_2020(2).png.7f5b787d9fc4d307b1ab8949a0e53b30.png

We had a line of showers and thunderstorms push through yesterday, and since they were approaching from the southeast, I had a great view watching them move toward us. Since I don't have any webcams hooked up yet, I whipped out the trusty GoPro and captured a 4K wide angle time lapse of the approaching storms. 

Speaking of webcams... here's a new one I purchased just for your viewing pleasure. 🙂 Can't wait to get this bad boy installed. 🙂

20200522_202003.thumb.jpg.2320b7e7cd01896c11dcd5e0272b4529.jpgSnap346065244.thumb.png.def7d2123d43c061384d31e69d52c73e.png

So far we've seen a fox and several deer down below us in the yard. I want to install a camera down low that has infrared so I can capture the wildlife at night. 🙂

20200524_175357.thumb.jpg.387ee4d78e125e2be032bb3ac7977a31.jpg

We still have a lot going on with unpacking and getting things setup here, while still getting rid of stuff and cleaning up the old house so we can sell it, but I should have regular morning post from here on out barring any unforeseen issues. 

Enjoy the cool weather even if it does bring rain... summer is not far off and the heat will be returning. 🙂
Have a great day!

ffc-26.png.8c111805d97fc44ace193e08bf82e03e.png

mrx-26.thumb.png.607821ecbcf315459986cb950936805c.png

bmx-26.thumb.png.18330ba900419787a7fad7a3b8305255.png

• Like 2

Great to have you back! What a spectacular view! I'm jealous lol 

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the time lapse video! Looking forward to some interesting ones!

• Like 2