• Forum Image

Good morning! 

The weekend has arrived and with it comes much warmer weather and eventually chances for rain. High pressure will help to keep us relatively shower free today and tomorrow, although a few stray showers can't be ruled out. As the high pressure shifts off to the east, we will end up in the return flow and that is when the moisture begins to return.

Snap346065368.thumb.png.b1142f2d4df4c3db6b712eb5a2983920.png

Should begin to finally see a change in pattern for the latter half of the weekend with weak wedging in the upper levels. This should keep much of the area, aside from portions of northern Georgia, dry on Sunday before the approach of the next system. By Monday we begin to transition into to southwesterly flow aloft, bringing additional moisture to the area, with the best chances for any precipitation across northern Georgia.

By late Tuesday an approaching front will be located just north of the area, with the parent low near the Great Lakes region. Moisture across northern Georgia is expected to increase significantly as the front nears the forecast area, bringing decent chances for showers and thunderstorms to northern Georgia on Tuesday. These higher chances for showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue on Wednesday as the front moves into the local forecast area, continuing on Thursday. Although, models start to show some differences by Wednesday afternoon with the ECMWF lingering the front somewhere across the forecast area through the rest of the extended period leading to increased chances for precipitation. The GFS actually clears the front by Thursday afternoon leaving the area clear for Friday. Decided to go with a model blend for these days bringing chance pops to the area on both Thursday and Friday.

Temperatures through the extended forecast are expected to start slightly above average with high in the upper 80's to mid 90's, with slightly below average temps in the 80's from mid-week on. Low temperatures are expected to be slightly above average through the long term period with lows in the 60's and 70's through the period.

Just summer weather. How much can you really talk about when the weather is just normal? 🙂 

I have two webcams working right now, both are just temporary. I have cables running all over my deck and my wife is not happy. 😐 The images on both pages refresh automatically. Scroll down on the page to see the large image.

Also, I'm uploading daily time lapse videos in case you're interested, and I have a YouTube playlist just for those. 

I hope everyone has a great start to the weekend! Enjoy the weather! 😊 🌞

ffc.png.2e876b73d18d45b673b2b0d74062ddf0.png

mrx.thumb.png.d1e8417b971839a605fb1aaebc18e2bb.png

bmx.thumb.png.8953652d1b59f320eb411dd07d5f90c2.png

• Like 3