• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Winter Weather Potential - January 20-27

5 hours ago, SlicNic13 said:

It's snowing lightly in Blue Ridge right now. Is it greedy of me to want more, heavier, and faster?! lol

No.  I feel guilty for feeling that flurries "don't really count."  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Euro looks good on the frontal snow Tuesday, especially NW GA. Beyond that the downsloping will start robbing moisture. Euro still has that piece of energy in the gulf around the 1st/2nd as well. There is potential there for a phasing event. Was very close on that run, northern stream still a bit too fast and missed full link up. It just had brief interaction and sparked some precip briefly in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. If we can trend towards a full phase it’ll fully form a low and track eastward from there, instead of fizzling out like it’s showing now. Something to watch at least.

• Like 2

Nothing here either, and the term Raging Weatherbull has me very intrigued!

European was sweet for us in the very Northern part of the state

E8D53B8E-03B6-4BB0-AF93-8D82BD363B0A.thumb.png.9aeee3dee8b6d5590c4cb7c093939535.thumb.png.8c8c534d4815969793521e83a55b5de1.png

• Like 2

Yea, I'm trying to not get excited, but it was a good run. Our time is coming and I believe it will be next week. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, RickyD said:

European was sweet for us in the very Northern part of the state

E8D53B8E-03B6-4BB0-AF93-8D82BD363B0A.thumb.png.9aeee3dee8b6d5590c4cb7c093939535.thumb.png.8c8c534d4815969793521e83a55b5de1.png

This is the control run from the European Ensemble. And it's showed that for 2 straight runs btw. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

This is the control run from the European Ensemble. 

It's had several runs with a similar track, but that track seems to be inching south just a little. Still WAY too early to know, but we're getting closer to what we need.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

This is the control run from the European Ensemble. And it's showed that for 2 straight runs btw. 

Wanna be optimistic but also still thinking that your post from earlier about that NW down sloping flow will be the death of the precip. I actually thought the 12z FV3 look appropriate for the NW flow 

1 minute ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

It's had several runs with a similar track, but that track seems to be inching south just a little. Still WAY too early to know, but we're getting closer to what we need.

Yeah. EPS support for a gulf low at the very least is growing for that time period. I like the timing of it. A lot of past events have happened as an arctic outbreak is starting to relax. Long ways to go but at least hope is shining on the horizon again. 

• Like 2

Big jump in snow amounts in the Euro ensembles for Blairsville compared to the last four runs, and it all point to next week.

Snap346062338.thumb.jpg.62cf3c4b30d0681ca8e5d1e6b0a39296.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Wanna be optimistic but also still thinking that your post from earlier about that NW down sloping flow will be the death of the precip. I actually thought the 12z FV3 look appropriate for the NW flow 

That is mainly for Feb 1st/2nd, not the frontal snow. Some of the ensembles are picking up that near phase I mentioned on the OP Euro earlier. If we can time it out, it would be a big gulf low event. Could be any range of P-types depending on how much cold, but generally if North GA is going to get a good snow, this is what we want. If we can just get inside 7 days with support, I'll let myself get excited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Big jump in snow amounts in the Euro ensembles for Blairsville compared to the last four runs, and it all point to next week.

Snap346062338.thumb.jpg.62cf3c4b30d0681ca8e5d1e6b0a39296.jpg

Time to start a new thread 😂 

• Like 4