• Forum Image

Winter Weather Potential - January 20-27

Just now, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Let me emphasize that DO NOT LOOK PAST 3-4 DAYS ON THE OPERATIONAL RUNS RIGHT NOW. 

No joke. For all practical purposes they are currently worthless and they won't get better until the pattern settles in. 

Very good advice!

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok... going out on a limb by creating this post, but I believe there is enough model justification to warrant it.  No guarantees! 😜 The models are all beginning to show threats for this time peri

Ok, I've been playing today. So for your viewing pleasure, we're going old school. Here's your "Local on the 8's" the way the Weather Channel USE to do it in the early 90's, and this is real live data

Ok folks... here are my thoughts about what is going on right now.  With such an active pattern, the models are totally worthless and of no help at all past 5 days, not even the ensembles. We're

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mountainbuck said:

Thanks for the kind words!  I work in the school system here in north Georgia and we get especially excited when the flakes start to fly.  Bring on the blizzard 

Me too!!!  Gwinnett County and Digital Learning Days makes it even better (no make up days)

• Like 1
  • Educator
1 hour ago, Mountainbuck said:

Thanks for the kind words!  I work in the school system here in north Georgia and we get especially excited when the flakes start to fly.  Bring on the blizzard 

Same me too!

• Like 2

Steve, (or anyone else), do you have an updated **rough** guesstimate on time frames of incoming chances for a winter storm? From what I've gathered, this weekend/20th is pretty much out for any snow, but then a wave right behind it, the 24thish? Or is that the thing, we don't know yet because the models are behaving erradically? 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, SlicNic13 said:

Steve, (or anyone else), do you have an updated **rough** guesstimate on time frames of incoming chances for a winter storm? From what I've gathered, this weekend/20th is pretty much out for any snow, but then a wave right behind it, the 24thish? Or is that the thing, we don't know yet because the models are behaving erradically? 

There are pieces of energy flying all over the place right now. It looks like around the 25th is another. We should see a pretty steady stream of them.

• Like 2