• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Winter Weather Potential - January 20-27

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Perfect example of perfect timing lol. That ridge is still there, but the high moves across in tandem and keeps the storm from cutting. First perfect eye candy run of the winter.

It’s a fairy tale but so cool to see potential. That’s all we want! 

• Like 1

Just goes to show the pattern doesn’t have to be entirely perfect to score a big one. You just need the two most important ingredients, cold and moisture. If you can get those then all you need is timing. 

DISCLAIMER - NOT A FORECAST... and will probably NEVER be a forecast here. :classic_laugh:

You know... I HAVE to share this because this is the prettiest eye candy I've ever seen over Georgia. Ever. Don't look too long though... it will make your heart beat way too fast. Just brief glimpses. 😜

NOT A FORECAST

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_atl_65-14.thumb.png.cacaaf813d8a3acde2d917a4d711f3d4.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

That run has another low with snow the following Monday in the Gulf, not as strong, will snow Sat Sunday between systems

• Like 1

LOL! Excited and slightly concerned regarding temps...... and eventually temps and the possibility about being unable to be on the road. 

Got outside animals at the environmental education I work at that may need some contingency planning if things get anywhere near what the models are tossing around. 

😎 Not stressing, just thinking ahead.... perhaps with fingers crossed that we get some snow days off in Rome. 

• Like 2

Teacher in Gwinnett here, live in Dacula. I'm so excited!! Love learning about this weather!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wendy4 said:

What kind did you get?  I've been wanting one. 

I got an ambient weather ws 2902-a. It does temp(heat index/wind chill, and dew point), pressure(relative and absolute), wind(speed and gust), precipitation(rate, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly), min/max, uv index, solar radiation, forecast, lunar phase, indoor temp, and indoor/outdoor humidity. The cell phone app is whats cool cuz it plots all the readings on charts and graphs.

17 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

NOT A FORECAST

You know... I HAVE to share this because this is the prettiest eye candy I've ever seen over Georgia. Ever. Don't look too long though... it will make your heart beat way too fast. Just brief glimpses. 😜

NOT A FORECAST

Oh you did not 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

You see how big my disclaimer is. I can make it BIGGER. :classic_laugh:

Haha I love it 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

LOL! Excited and slightly concerned regarding temps...... and eventually temps and the possibility about being unable to be on the road. 

Got outside animals at the environmental education I work at that may need some contingency planning if things get anywhere near what the models are tossing around. 

😎 Not stressing, just thinking ahead.... perhaps with fingers crossed that we get some snow days off in Rome. 

That is a concern to plan for. You're starting to see hints of what may come, so I would certainly try to get one step up on it. Myself, I'm going to get all my propane tanks filled up (have a propane generator) just in case. 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JenRay said:

Teacher in Gwinnett here, live in Dacula. I'm so excited!! Love learning about this weather!

Welcome! Just told my wife that I love seeing Gwinnett teachers here, that's like 4-5 today! Very awesome! What school?

• Like 3

I am sorry.  I flew straight for the light this time.......  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=TTUQyEr-sg0

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gatormom said:

GCPS teacher here too!  Live in Dacula, teach in Collins Hill cluster.

AWESOME! Another one! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

AWESOME! Another one! 

GCPS as well central cluster!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

DISCLAIMER - NOT A FORECAST... and will probably NEVER be a forecast here. :classic_laugh:

NOT A FORECAST

Knew I bought those snow suits for the kids for Christmas for a reason! It’s that snow lovers intuition 🤪😉

21 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Digital Learning Days here we come! I know this is not going to happen, but one could dream!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

NOT A FORECAST

So much potential!!! This is our time, it's been a while. Let it snow!! ❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2