• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

Weather Apps, Tools, and Links

Since we've already talked about it a few times, I thought we could start a thread about weather resources. Just like someone building a house, keeping track of the weather requires a lot of tools and resources, I figured that we could talk about the resources that you and I use, and we could come up with a list that everyone would have access to. Some of the links will be back to my DaculaWeather page, where I have more consolidated resources than just about any private weather site. A lot of that data is pulled from other sources in order to consolidate the information to 1.) Make it easy to find 2.) and make it easy to view, and it was all originally designed for me, and then I got carried away.... oh well. :classic_biggrin: 

I'm going to break this out into sections, one will be links, one will be software for computers and one will be mobile software/apps. If you think of another category, let me know.

This will be a work in progress, so keep checking back for new additions! I'll note what I use/own with a  👍 but I won't flag every URL, that would probably be all of them. Please feel free to post your links in the comments and I'll add them to the list. I have to do a little at the time, so be patient. If you're REALLY dying to explore some links, I have 500-600 links over at DaculaWeather.com. Just start clicking on the menu at the top, you'll be clicking for a LONG time. :classic_biggrin: More to come!

Links

Computer Software - All require purchase to use after trial

Mobile Software/Apps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For a mobile (free) radar app, I enjoy Radarnow.  It seems to be in real time based on watching severe t storms roll in.  I have a droid so I don't know if it is an app in apple.  

A screenshot of the weather applications I use on Android. I actually found a lot of these through the Radarscope forum. 

Screenshot_20190118-105851_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

If you happen to have a SAME-equipped weather radio, here is a handy link for finding the one that services your particular area.

Georgia's NOAA Weather Radio Network

Note: At the time of this post WXJ53 out of Cleveland is offline, I assume for technical reasons. It was while trying to figure out what's going on with it that I found this page and thought of this thread.

16 minutes ago, Tanith said:

If you happen to have a SAME-equipped weather radio, here is a handy link for finding the one that services your particular area.

Georgia's NOAA Weather Radio Network

Note: At the time of this post WXJ53 out of Cleveland is offline, I assume for technical reasons. It was while trying to figure out what's going on with it that I found this page and thought of this thread.

Posted about that transmitter the other day

Public Information Statement
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
1102 PM EDT Mon May 6 2019

...CLEVELAND NWR TRANSMITTER IS OFF THE AIR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...

NOAA Weather Radio transmitter at Cleveland...WXJ 53 on 162.525...
will be off the air until further notice due to an unexpected
outage. Service is not expected to be restored at until a washed
out road to the transmitter can be repaired. WXJ 53 provides
service to the Georgia counties of Banks...Barrow...Cherokee...Clarke...
Dawson...Forsyth...Franklin...Gwinnett...Habersham...Hall...
Hart...Jackson...Lumpkin...Madison...Oconee...Pickens...
Stephens...Walton...and White.

Alternate service for the affected areas can be received from
transmitters at Atlanta...KEC 80 on 162.550...Eatonton...KXI
89 on 162.525...Athens...WXK 56 on 162.400...Chatsworth...WXK
52 on 162.400...Brasstown Bald...KXI 22 on 162.500...and Toccoa...
WWH 24 on 162.425. Weather information is also available from
weather.gov/atlanta.

Ah. Sorry, missed that one. Usually there's something on the NWS site itself but it seems I missed that as well.

😳