• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

End of January Winter Weather Possibilities

The cold rain has started in Marietta, but we are still well above freezing, so I am skeptical it will ever change over. 

EDIT:  That's not a complaint!  I prefer my winter filled with glorious days like yesterday! 🏇

Edited by AlKhamsa
  • Like 3

Just now, AlKhamsa said:

The cold rain has started in Marietta, but we are still well above freezing, so I am skeptical it will ever change over. 

Snow will start before you go below freezing... assuming it starts at all. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well nothing like getting on the road and your boss decides to close office down...for what not sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They called schools for Dawson so I took off work in hopes of playing in the snow with my kids, man that was a mistake. Looks like I'll being going in to work later today :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

They were supposed to be. This is how frontal snow is. It’s an all out race between cold and moisture. I’d be lying if I told you I know how things are gonna play out.

Temps are\were way too warm for the Metro to get snow.  

Needed that rain to hold back half a day.

• Like 2

With the rise of the internet came the troll, so Mets ought not to give them airtime is how i feel, especially in a weather situation like this.  If any one desired to hear, the opportunity was given.  Every one of them said -- Complicated forecast, no confidence because models are not agreeing.  Most said beware the "stuff" shared, because we don't have the info to give you those forecasts.   But they have to use those same Models and PREDICT as best as they can, because they are PAID AND RESPONSIBLE... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Radar looking better for the top row of counties, still creeping in from the west for now.

20190129_1344_kffc_BR_0.5-29-2.thumb.png.9ca34fd414df09f020da0771560b0c3c.png

Looks like we may get a a brief snow shower if temps keep dropping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BishopJean said:

The problem is meteorologist are damned if they do and damned if they don't. You can't shut down school systems and governments at the blink of an eye.

I'd bet the person complaining would be first in line to exorciate people if they didn't warn people and the first drop of frozen precipitation fell.

Thise people usually are the ones caught in snow jams.... those who know, understand that each chance of snow here has the potential of the big one, due to the million and a half variables. The negative complainers will be the first to get stuck when the snow gods line up in perfect alignment . And wonder why. One to the next one, although my county is still preparing for black ice. Thanks everyone for your help, maybe next time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well at least someone is seeing something....my big concern is the freezing of liquid after this....what at your thoughts on that Steve and when should they really start falling time wise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Well at least someone is seeing something....my big concern is the freezing of liquid after this....what at your thoughts on that Steve and when should they really start falling time wise.

Not to concerned probably. Sun will be out in a few hours haha

Also, they said that temps are warming over ATL which could mean front is moving slower.  What would this mean?

Wolf Ridge Ski Resort, south of Johnson City Tn just off I-26

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/wolf-ridge-base/

• Like 1