• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

End of January Winter Weather Possibilities

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Changeover line just refuses to budge past Union/Towns County right now. Looks like the moisture will be gone before it gets over here. 

Kind of happy. If it doesn't start overnight, I have to drive to Seneca for work. I really do not want to drive a slick 76..nor do i want to go the longer, more treated way as it takes 3 plus hours.

I guess we still need to keep an eye out for black ice. 

Never saw anything in Marietta, we didn't go below 40 with a cold rain but I'm a little concerned about any possible black ice overnight. Maybe there will be a better event potential after the warm up next month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaDawg said:

Also, they said that temps are warming over ATL which could mean front is moving slower.  What would this mean?

They are wrong. This is woodstock!

Screenshot_20190129-103926.png

20 minutes ago, kshields8426 said:

Kind of happy. If it doesn't start overnight, I have to drive to Seneca for work. I really do not want to drive a slick 76..nor do i want to go the longer, more treated way as it takes 3 plus hours.

Yeah I had a feeling given temp trends over Alabama last night this was the eventual outcome. Always felt the warning was overkill based on guidance consistently showing us as the cutoff point. Will be interesting to see how fast cold filters in now, Blairsville and Hiawassee are both below freezing now so ice could still be a concern.

You know it’s bad when the radar actually shows snow where I am in Dahlonega but yet nothing is falling from the sky not even rain anymore.  I saw some porch light snow about a week ago and that has been it all year!  With all of this promise this winter...ugh ugh 😑 

So that was a bust.  Ready to move on, but there’s nothing else to look forward to.  My kiddos are so disappointed.  Guess it’s a good lesson for them.

• Like 2

I am looking forward to a little warm up and sunshine, personally.  I suspect we will still get something before the end of the season, but I'm glad we aren't getting inundated, as the pre-season forecasts suggested.  It really does get old FAST!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dahlonegawinter said:

You know it’s bad when the radar actually shows snow where I am in Dahlonega but yet nothing is falling from the sky not even rain anymore.  I saw some porch light snow about a week ago and that has been it all year!  With all of this promise this winter...ugh ugh 😑 

Ive got the opposite. Sleet and snow thats not on radar.

Well I guess all the moisture is gone now that our temps seem to coming down....I am now at 40 in Lithonia.

1 minute ago, Dahlonegawinter said:

Happy for you Hi tek red nek...what’s your location 

Right now im in downtown acworth. I live in woodstock and work all over cobb county.

It would be great if the forum listed the town your in under your username by default.

• Like 3

Well I looked out my office window and we have snow! It's 35 and I'm over near Kennestone Hospital.

2 minutes ago, Brooke said:

Well I looked out my office window and we have snow! It's 35 and I'm over near Kennestone Hospital.

I'm down the street from you - on the other side of the square - same thing here!

• Like 1

Just now, AlKhamsa said:

I'm down the street from you - on the other side of the square - same thing here!

Oh nice! I'm annoyed, it would snow just as I thought everything was wrapping up LOL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, matt40 said:

It would be great if the forum listed the town your in under your username by default.

You can add it to your signature under settings. 

• Like 1

lol

BREAKING NEWS

Collusion suspected in wake of recent storm
January 29, 2019

OAK RIDGE, Tenn.—The public is scratching its head this morning. The forecast called for wintry precipitation by daybreak. However, the morning light revealed the same brown and gray landscape as the day before.

Investigators have already begun questioning the leading suspects in what appears to have all the makings of collusion. On their list are local distributors of bread, milk, beer, and double-stuffed Oreo cookies, whose profits soared after a run on these items in advance of the storm.

Also on the list of suspects: Owners of de-icing companies, Super Bowl fanatics who need extra time to pack for the trip to Atlanta this coming weekend, and Lady Vols fans who want to keep celebrating the end of the team’s losing streak.

The National Weather Service declined an interview for this story. However, in a written statement, a spokesperson wrote, “We will address your concerns as soon as we return from an impromptu all-staff gathering in Martinique, thanks to a generous donation from a seventh-grader who wishes to remain anonymous for fear that his parents might think he would stop at nothing to keep from taking an algebra exam scheduled for today.”

When asked about the investigation, a local weather forecaster said simply, “Hey, don’t shoot the messenger.”

An Oak Ridge resident, spotted while standing at the top of her steep driveway with an unused snow shovel in hand, was heard saying, “It was all a snow job.”

Authorities promise to keep plowing until answers are found.

Sky Productions

• Like 1
  • Haha 6