• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

End of January Winter Weather Possibilities

9 minutes ago, firefighter556 said:

Nope not getting on the train again untill before it leaves

I know that’s right 

• Like 2

This winter has proven to most that even when it is a day away it can just go poof....I am not buying any future models at this point in the game.  I would have settled for a small period of snow showers but when it is this close and still nothing you just can not believe anything.  I will continue to watch but I just can not get excited after the misses we have had this winter.  About the only thing that seems to be able to be predicted with confidence is rain...

• Like 3

We got the snow flurries that weren’t on the radar, so at least my kids got to go out in that.  At least it wasn’t nothing.  Lasted all of 2 minutes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

This winter has proven to most that even when it is a day away it can just go poof....I am not buying any future models at this point in the game.  I would have settled for a small period of snow showers but when it is this close and still nothing you just can not believe anything.  I will continue to watch but I just can not get excited after the misses we have had this winter.  About the only thing that seems to be able to be predicted with confidence is rain...

And next week appears to be in the 60s with nothing but rain, rain, rain.

• Like 1

With this image I see a 540 line that is not even in GA except barely.  I do see some CAD taking place but I am just not seeing this one either.  GFS does not even come close to this.  I actually looks weird to me when you look at the time frames before this one.  So nope not buying it.  Surprise me mother nature.

image.png.49cae4a3a2721774f6584c1eed51d2d9.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Athens said:

Buckle up guys and gals! Who's ready for the next ride? 

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_46-1.png

Oh idk. I need some Dramamine from this last rollercoaster ride. Lol jk. But in all honesty, I hold no negative feelings towards all those who have worked so hard trying to get a handle on our crazy weather. Nothing but respect for all  y'all do. I've been following Steve for years and he remains my go to weather guy. Last night I was looking at the radar...there was plenty of moisture coming but as it got into Ga, it looked like it was hitting a brick wall (the mountains).  Seems to always be the case. But I still think we are gonna get something before winter is over. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Athens said:

Me! 🙋‍♀️

• Like 2

Steve anytime frame you watching in February?

We have at least 6 more weeks ---  42 more opportunities.   It looks like 10 days is warmth at least...  Make that 32....    Odds are not too good--    Avg snowfall for my area is 2.5  , so i am still the same amount behind..   🙂 as i was at the beginning..  0-0 is the score, but time is running out quick

Edited by RickyD

1 hour ago, WILL said:

Steve anytime frame you watching in February?

Not Steve, but looks like more cold is ready to come our way about the 14th

3 hours ago, Athens said:

Sad thing is this is not even on there anymore.

WHAT AN AWESOME VIEW  

TERRY PEAK  S D.

https://www.keloland.com/weather/skycams

I wonder what Bastardi will make of things.  I always find his videos very interesting - especially those showing the world maps and how things around the globe affect other areas.  He was very sure that we had patterns in play to create a wild and wacky winter in the south.  Has his outlook changed entirely, due to something unforeseen?  Or is this upcoming warm-up expected with more crazy winter to follow?

I still feel like this could be a year for an ice storm.  It's been 19 years since we had one (where I am.)

• Like 1

Good afternoon/evening to everyone. I was out playing the snow all day long. 😛 Ok, I might be fibbing a little bit, but I was enjoying my wife's day off 🙂 I'll get back to the weather tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bagsmom said:

I wonder what Bastardi will make of things.  I always find his videos very interesting - especially those showing the world maps and how things around the globe affect other areas.  He was very sure that we had patterns in play to create a wild and wacky winter in the south.  Has his outlook changed entirely, due to something unforeseen?  Or is this upcoming warm-up expected with more crazy winter to follow?

I still feel like this could be a year for an ice storm.  It's been 19 years since we had one (where I am.)

51 minutes ago, SouthSideDahlonega said:

The good thing is we are prime for a surprise next time everyone is going to be gun shy

1 hour ago, Bagsmom said:

Guy Sharpe used to tell me that we had major ice storms about every 20 years. Where I am at is way over due. We will have to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cay said:

Guy Sharpe used to tell me that we had major ice storms about every 20 years. Where I am at is way over due. We will have to see. 

one time i was driving through Buckhead and i look over in the car next to me at the stop light, and i was looking right at Guy Freaking Sharpe.   it was awesome for me.  We didn't say a word, but i sure felt a connection 😉  i was in mid Ga for "the big one" in 1973, and was in Atlanta for the superstorm in 93, so I'd say i am about 6 years overdue! 

• Like 2