NorthGeorgiaWX

February Weather Discussion

Today’s fantasy brought to you courtesy of 12Z GFSv3! 😂

B473BA01-523A-4A38-80E6-BFB9D056816B.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SNOW said:

Today’s fantasy brought to you courtesy of 12Z GFSv3! 😂

B473BA01-523A-4A38-80E6-BFB9D056816B.png

Eh, haven’t the CAD events been kinda meh the last few times?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LHarkins913 said:

Eh, haven’t the CAD events been kinda meh the last few times?

CAD events are usually ice storms in the winter. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, firefighter556 said:

This is the February outlook from the CPC... not looking good.

50699190_1146905645486698_479663704258904064_n.png.jpg

I saw Glenn Burns posted that... maybe we can eke out just ONE snow out of what’s left of winter!

• Like 1

We are thinking of going to visit someone in Macon on the 9th.  As much as I would like some weather, maybe it can wait till after that weekend.  Several days ago, it was looking like low temps hovered around freezing -- but it's looking warmer now.  And even warmer down there.  But if we go ahead and plan our visit, maybe I can get some weather for the rest of you.  Murphy's Law According to Weather...

• Haha 1

The CPC monthly outlook seems to always be off. They try hard though. They usually get better as the month goes on, and by the end of the month, perfect forecast. 😜

The Euro Weeklies show normal temps starting around the 11th and below normal temps starting the 14th and continuing through March 18th, which is as far out as the model goes.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Let's enjoy the beautiful weather and recover before the next ride comes.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

The CPC monthly outlook seems to always be off. They try hard though. They usually get better as the month goes on, and by the end of the month, perfect forecast. 😜

The Euro Weeklies show normal temps starting around the 11th and below normal temps starting the 14th and continuing through March 18th, which is as far out as the model goes.  

Previous February outlooks were colder. I wonder what changed?... Cold can't last forever especially when it hasn't been all that cold to begin with. We'll be lucky enough to just see avg temps. It'll probably only get back really colder than avg come March as we seem to see one last good cold snap right before spring finally establishes for good. (Long range tend to be colder than actuality.) I'm not complaining though, we had our perfect cold and wasted it. So why not shake things up?

Seems like Mr. General Beauregard Lee won't be seeing his shadow... Coincidence?🤔🤣Plotter.php?lat=33.2944&lon=-83.9657&wfo

The models have really backed off the fantasy storms around the 10-15th timeframe! And cold gets stuck in the North! Uggghh the worst winter since 2011/12 for snowlovers!! Ensembles don’t look good, I think JB is punting till March, but he will punt until July, before he will admit his winter forecast of -4/-5 for the South was wrong!

Edited by SNOW
Change dates

1 hour ago, Athens said:

Previous February outlooks were colder. I wonder what changed?... Cold can't last forever especially when it hasn't been all that cold to begin with. We'll be lucky enough to just see avg temps. It'll probably only get back really colder than avg come March as we seem to see one last good cold snap right before spring finally establishes for good. (Long range tend to be colder than actuality.) I'm not complaining though, we had our perfect cold and wasted it. So why not shake things up?

Everybody was saying nino winters have “ backloaded “ cold and snow since October! Since first half of Feb looks to be toasty, I’m losing Hope really quickly!! Don’t believe the “ our best snows come in March “ theories, when’s the last time that was true?? 2009??

Yeah I think winter is over. It might get cold for 1 or 2 more days buts that's it. Maybe next year. Big big bust for winter this year!!!!

• Like 1

I've had the flu this week so haven't been very active but I wouldn't worry too much about CPC monthly outlooks anyway. It has no bearing on whether or not we can time up cold and moisture. January is going to end up above normal also, but there was no shortage of chances. None of them worked out but the chances were there and that's all we can ask for. I am not overly optimistic on our snow chances, but the chance is still there nonetheless starting the 2nd week of February. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoveSnow said:

Man this site is dead

That will change soon, just like the weather. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dyan said:

That will change soon, just like the weather. 🤣

Yep. I consider it just a lull.

Sometimes I need a break, especially when it gets like this. It's frustrating for me and I know it's frustrating for everyone else. So when the warm ups come, we just need to take advantage of it and not focus on the weather so much.  Fretting over it accomplishes nothing, so why worry about those things we have no control over?  I want snow as bad as anyone, but me crying over the lack of it gets me nowhere. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Sometimes I need a break, especially when it gets like this. It's frustrating for me and I know it's frustrating for everyone else. So when the warm ups come, we just need to take advantage of it and not focus on the weather so much.  Fretting over it accomplishes nothing, so why worry about those things we have no control over?  I want snow as bad as anyone, but me crying over the lack of it gets me nowhere. :classic_biggrin:

Who’s crying? I just said the site is dead

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Like you said the other day "we need a break" and this warm up is our break. Winter's not over and I will not give up on our snow but a quick warm up and a clearing of our heads will make our next run less stressful! Always optimistic on this end. 😁🌨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1