• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

February Weather Discussion

11 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

Who’s crying? I just said the site is dead

Lovesnow, I think that was a general statement and no directed at you because it is dead on here....for now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

Who’s crying? I just said the site is dead

Awful sensitive aren't you? Wasn't referring to you at all. I believe I said... 

34 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

me crying over the lack of it gets me nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Dyan said:

Like you said the other day "we need a break" and this warm up is our break. Winter's not over and I will not give up on our snow but a quick warm up and a clearing of our heads will make our next run less stressful! Always optimistic on this end. 😁🌨

This whole winters been a break! The lucky few who got lucky in early December, should rejoice! I have 60-70 degree highs forecasted through Friday, atleast here in Upstate SC! The models keep showing cold and stormy patterns 8-12 days out and then 2 days later, show above normal temps for the same timeframe. Still nothing in the long run that looks remotely good for cold and snow! The part that makes it worse is, 90-95% of winter forecasts, were for a fantastic, El Niño, blockbuster winter, it’s been far from it, actually acting like a Niña!?? Rant over, lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Yes lovesnow is definitely sensitive and pessimistic...go back and look at all of this persons post and it’s clear!!  No offense just stating the truth!

• Like 2

From what I can find, here are the February/March notable winter events back to 2008

Now... contrast that to severe weather during the same period, and you'll see snow is vastly outnumbered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlKhamsa said:

So the Groundhog says it's time for spring. Bring it on!

Lol even the furry Mets can’t agree! General Lee says 6 more weeks of winter! 

• Like 1

Cranky has really impressed me this winter. He was the first to call for this warmup, when a lot of others were saying to just ignore the models and it was going to stay cold through March. As he said, his own winter forecast hasn’t been perfect but he hasn’t delusionally clung to it as some others have. He’s rolled with the punches and talked straight to people from the beginning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SNOW said:

This whole winters been a break! The lucky few who got lucky in early December, should rejoice! I have 60-70 degree highs forecasted through Friday, atleast here in Upstate SC! The models keep showing cold and stormy patterns 8-12 days out and then 2 days later, show above normal temps for the same timeframe. Still nothing in the long run that looks remotely good for cold and snow! The part that makes it worse is, 90-95% of winter forecasts, were for a fantastic, El Niño, blockbuster winter, it’s been far from it, actually acting like a Niña!?? Rant over, lol

Where in Upstate, SC are you?   I'm in northern Spartanburg county. I got almost 12" of snow and sleet in December. It was amazing especially so early in the season. 

4 hours ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Nope not sensitive at all but thanks for assuming I was

3 hours ago, Dahlonegawinter said:

Yes lovesnow is definitely sensitive and pessimistic...go back and look at all of this persons post and it’s clear!!  No offense just stating the truth!

Cool story..... thanks 

5 hours ago, AlKhamsa said:

So the Groundhog says it's time for spring. Bring it on!

Smart groundhog 

6 minutes ago, firefighter556 said:

Yep. It isnt going to happen.

I travel that day and I have bad luck so maybeeee?

• Haha 1

70’s the next several days is ridiculous for this time of year!  Please old man winter make your presence felt before it’s to late!  You can do it!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wendy4 said:

Beautiful 'winter' day today!!! 🤣😎

I've been out doing a little work in the yard... trying to get a head start on all the spring yard work. :classic_biggrin: I think tomorrow and Thursday I'm going to take advantage of the warm temps to try to get most of it done! 

• Like 1