• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

February Weather Discussion

I'm a bit confused (not uncommon...ha, ha!). Temps looks way too warm for this next week? I've know for years not to trust the weather apps, but still....

Nothing is going to happen. Look at all the times the models say snow and then it doesnt happen. It's not going to snow...  the models have been wrong all winter..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, firefighter556 said:

Nothing is going to happen. Look at all the times the models say snow and then it doesnt happen. It's not going to snow...  the models have been wrong all winter..

Exactly. 

All the long range models are hinting at the potential for some winter weather around the 18-19. I know... not getting excited right now but we'll watch it. Both the Euro and GFS have been showing this setup for several runs now. 

In order of most to least

NOT A FORECAST

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_atl_33-12.thumb.png.6e53f703d7f17c9fdd3e520371c65803.pngecmwf_tsnow_atl_31-12.thumb.png.c1f2801d185d57902e490861f0bdd8d4.png

And of course, the Canadian. :classic_dry:

cmc_snow_acc_atl_29-12.thumb.png.70a6ee17054bc95a3f9c4657dc10ac20.png

• Like 2

I am hopeful that we will see some snow this winter but I would not be surprised if we get hit with something that comes out of nowhere and that we have all dismissed as model chaos. I appreciate all of your perspectives and wish I had more knowledge to contribute. I'm a lurker.... :^)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeroyLedbetter said:

I am hopeful that we will see some snow this winter but I would not be surprised if we get hit with something that comes out of nowhere and that we have all dismissed as model chaos. I appreciate all of your perspectives and wish I had more knowledge to contribute. I'm a lurker.... :^)

That is quite alright, thank you for following! 🙂 

I told you it was on crack....I have no trust in it since the epic fail.  Like I said I will believe when I see it falling from the sky.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

FV3 is playing with my emotions lol

3803038C-B32C-4335-B17D-7B0056ABD42E.jpeg

Wow imagine a foot of snow over all of north Georgia that would be crazy and debilitating for everyone. School would be out for a while I'm sure if that verified too 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GroceryStoreMan said:

Wow imagine a foot of snow over all of north Georgia that would be crazy and debilitating for everyone. School would be out for a while I'm sure if that verified too 

Cobb county doesn’t have school next week.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sara said:

Cobb county doesn’t have school next week.

Gwinnett is off Friday and Monday, teacher workday on Monday though.

If you think it's been bad for snow here, and it has been, the folks up in the northeast along the I-95 corridor have really been missing out on the snow this year, and they are use to getting hammered. So we're not the only ones with a snow drought. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Unless we get some kind of surprise... I'm calling winter. :classic_wacko:

https://www.weatherbell.com/video/fullscreen/the-daily-update-583

I wouldn't call it yet. I packed up all our winter coats yesterday. 🤪

Thank you for all you do. I love that you let us know of potential events before they get here. It is okay that they don't always pan out. Please keep sharing!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Scarinzi said:

Let's get on with mild spring weather but with a lot less moisture. 

Exactly. I’m looking forward to some nice 60’s and 70’s days here in the mountains before it turns full on summer. We’ve got to get things to dry out some, the ground is way over saturated. Sadly next week just looks to get worse in that regard...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

Given the last year we’ve had, this kind of thing worries me about potential increased mudslide threat here in the mountains...