• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

February 7, Thursday

Good morning!

Time for me to get out and scalp the yard today! 🙂 My forecast high is 76º F with partly sunny skies, so I need to take advantage of this day! I managed to get all of the shrubs trimmed around the house yesterday, and that was tough enough, but today... this will not be fun. I always let my bermuda grass get tall by the end of summer (like I'm growing hay or something :classic_dry:), so when the time comes to scalp it... I have a ton of grass. I would love to burn it but I had that process almost get out of control one time... and my wife wouldn't like it if I burned the house down, so that is out of the question this year. Luckily I have a John Deere with a couple of bags on the back, so it does a great job of cleaning things up, but dumping the bags every 5 minutes is a pain, and that's what I'll be doing all day.

High temps and anomalies will look like this and this

ndfd_t2max_atl_1-07.thumb.png.48ded29fe7d8836e865dc28f648f8223.pngndfd_t2max_anom_atl_1-07.thumb.png.0485555ee584232515b9b17f7c873270.png

Many high temperature records are in jeopardy across the southeast today.

ndfd_record_hi_se_1-07.thumb.png.af0239fef0bd1c4384c89acce7cf6dc2.png

BTW... the pollen count went from zero to high in two days, with trees being the primary culprit. So if you noticed your nose itching yesterday, that may have been what it was. I would expect an even higher reading today, before the cooler temperatures knock it back down again.

Snap346062413-07.thumb.jpg.60d4b55e0d342acde2118cfd6ff303cd.jpg

So if you have the opportunity, get out and enjoy the great weather today. I know... it's winter and we're suppose to have cold and snow, but if it ain't gonna snow, give me a day like today! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

Yes days likes this is great if we are not going to get snow but can the 90 degree weather not show up this year😌

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Leo said:

Yes days likes this is great if we are not going to get snow but can the 90 degree weather not show up this year😌

I agree 100% with that, I HATE 90 degree days, way too hot to do anything outside unless you're neck deep in water with a cold drink in your hand. 🙂

• Like 2

My bet is the 78 forecasted for Athens is going to bust by 3-4 degrees! Sun broke way too early! Heck let’s break all time record for February while we are at it! Lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

My bet is the 78 forecasted for Athens is going to bust by 3-4 degrees! Sun broke way too early! Heck let’s break all time record for February while we are at it! Lol!

Yep. It was 81 last time I looked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

79.6º F was my high here in Dacula.