• Forum Image

Good morning!

Ok... TODAY will be the sunny day. Yesterday wasn't bad here and the sun came out a few times to warm me up to 70 degrees. I did manage to get a lot of work done in the yard, though I need to go get some more 4x4's today. 🙂

Sunny today and partly sunny tomorrow before the clouds and rain returns. Here are NWS Atlanta's thoughts.

The long term looks fairly consistent with the next front
expected Thursday through Friday. The upper ridge builds over the
southeast through the end of the week as a deep trough forms west
of the MS River. This trough will progress eastward and push a
cold front across GA late Thursday into Friday. Pops will develop
over northwest GA Wednesday night...with pops increasing across
the remainder of the area after that. Moderate CAPE crosses north
and central GA and isolated thunderstorms could become strong
Thursday afternoon and again Friday. The front should push south
of the forecast area and Saturday and Sunday now look dry. GFS and
ECMWF still diverge on the wave developing in the Gulf during the
first of the week. At least through Monday both models seem to
keep the moisture just south of the forecast area.

There will be a deep area low pressure that will be bringing in some below normal temps for about a week, so just know winter is still draggin' its heels about leaving. Watch this video loop. This is the 500 mb anomalies (~18,000 feet). Watch as the two upper air anomalies to the west, merge and become an even stronger storm. That is called "phasing".  Phasing can be close, or phasing can be perfect... think 1993 Storm of The Century. This one appears to be pretty strong, but unfortunately for us, stays to our north and west. It will still be fun to watch as the two pieces merge and this thing rapidly begins to develop, and a major blizzard will be on the northern side while severe weather will break out in advance. 

Also, notice toward the end of the run. There is an area of lower pressure riding along the Gulf coast. Last gasp? 🙂 We'll see!

1965596369_GFSPressureLevUnitedStates500hPaHeightAnom-12.gif.b31144d9b010c6254e7694cba66417f4.gif

So enjoy the next couple of days and get in the sun! 🙂

• Like 2

I was 3 months too late in moving here!  I sure would have loved the excitement of it all!

We were in West Point Ms. and only got very little.  Directly south of us received much more as they were on the fringe of the system as it swung around