• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

March 16, Saturday

Good Saturday morning!

Well... everyone is getting their wish I think! No rain!!! No clouds!!! My forecast

Snap346062503-16.thumb.jpg.49aa6ca4d3f4e594af6ef063f9bf17aa.jpg

My concern going forward is what this could mean for our spring and summer conditions. There is nothing worse than hot and dry summers in my book, so I'm watching everything closely to see if we have any hints foretelling our future weather. 

Right now we're a little dry over south Georgia, even after all of the rain that we've had up here, and we don't want to see that area start creeping north.

current_ga_trd-16.thumb.jpg.71c03020903db3af0c4077ff1b22948a.jpg

I have several pages devoted to soil conditions locally and nationwide. 

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

• Like 1

As a former plant nursery owner who has observed weather trends for 30+ years this is exactly how our summer heat and drought cycles can start! Those rain events slowly start backing off during the spring and as the ground dries out with a strong spring sun this starts feeding back and then we fall into a blowtorch dry summer! That Bermuda high has loved its displaced position to the South and West of its normal position since December so just wondering if that is where it sets up shop during summer bringing miserable heat and lack of rain! My great grandfather who was and old cotton farmer would always say that all floods end in drought and all droughts end in floods! Time will tell!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

As a former plant nursery owner who has observed weather trends for 30+ years this is exactly how our summer heat and drought cycles can start! Those rain events slowly start backing off during the spring and as the ground dries out with a strong spring sun this starts feeding back and then we fall into a blowtorch dry summer! That Bermuda high has loved its displaced position to the South and West of its normal position since December so just wondering if that is where it sets up shop during summer bringing miserable heat and lack of rain! My great grandfather who was and old cotton farmer would always say that all floods end in drought and all droughts end in floods! Time will tell!

I've added the soil moisture forecast images at the bottom of this page: http://www.daculaweather.com/4_soil_moisture_us.php

Looks like sometimes between here and August we will be moving to the Vidalia area.  I have been offered a church there to Pastor. It is in a little community called Cedar Crossing.  Uvalda Georgia

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RickyD said:

Looks like sometimes between here and August we will be moving to the Vidalia area.  I have been offered a church there to Pastor. It is in a little community called Cedar Crossing.  Uvalda Georgia

Congratulations! That's certainly a long way from things!