• Forum Image

25 minutes ago, RickyD said:

They mentioned significant tornado indexes of 4 in S Carolina. That is double what we had at times.  But consider this-   The April 27 outbreak had parameters near 12 , and at that time they thought10 was about high as you got. 64 parameters used to predict tornadoes The 27th outbreak there were 60 parameters screaming Tornado.   No wonder we might not see such in our lifetimes. Almost perfect situation for huge tornadoes 

Absolutely the perfect storm when your talking tornados. Scariest day I've ever seen, and certainly something I hope to never see again. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Probably not, maybe some gusty winds in any general storms that may develop. And it'll remain gusty overnight into tomorrow as the colder air rushes in. 

Yeah, some good wind with a rain shower right now. More of a Breeze really

Edited by Asperman1

6 minutes ago, RickyD said:

King or Steve.  Snow tomorrow for 2500’ altitude?

Unlikely. Even for the smokies they're talking above 5000 feet. The highest of peaks may have a super slim shot at some white rain if the moisture deepens at the coldest time. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Unlikely. Even for the smokies they're talking above 5000 feet. The highest of peaks may have a super slim shot at some white rain if the moisture deepens at the coldest time. 

I saw where Dahlonega Weather had mentioned the possibilities.  

6 minutes ago, RickyD said:

I saw where Dahlonega Weather had mentioned the possibilities.  

I'm sure he has his reasons but I don't see how chances have increased as he said. NWS certainly hasn't said such, and I don't see it in the models either. I'm certainly up for a surprise though lol. 

If the timing is right and the dendritic zone can resaturate right at the time of coldest temperatures, my guess would be above 3500 could see flakes and above 4500 could see a dusting. But that is only if everything lines up perfect. 

15 hours ago, Jeff9702 said:

Storm radar on the iphone. but the desktop one i use ishttps://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

mainly i wanna know if i can find that rotation map on an app.

Not on those maps. Like Chuck said, the best radar app for a mobile device is Radarscope, and I use Radarscope Pro on all of my Android devices. It's a deal compared to my GR2A that is $250. I noticed that you can now get Radarscope for Windows 10 as well.

• Like 1