• Forum Image
NorthGeorgiaWX

2018-2019 Winter Discussion

10 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

👌

I’m really not trying to be mean. Just saying that you seem to go out of your way to poke holes in everything that’s posted here even though it’s coming directly from the top experts in the field. If your curious about something you think is off, just ask a question. I know myself and many others would be more than happy to answer any you may have.

Just now, KingOfTheMountains said:

I’m really not trying to be mean. Just saying that you seem to go out of your way to poke holes in everything that’s posted here even though it’s coming directly from the top experts in the field. If your curious about something you think is off, just ask a question. I know myself and many others would be more than happy to answer any you may have.

I never said you were being mean..... sometimes people aren’t gonna agree with things people say 

Bastardi's latest post

The Verdict

The best analog this century would be a blend of 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2015. I think it can and will be even colder than that, as elements from 1978 and 1966 will add their two cents. The government shutdown limits my ability to show you the visuals here, but the patterns are etched in my memory.

Here was my snow discussion

January 11, 2019

• Tricky forecast along the East Coast.
  • This is the start of a very active period.

This is the start of a pattern that is liable to be remembered. This will be as active of a period we have seen since Snowmageddon in 2010, perhaps beyond because it will be more widespread.

When its all said and done, perhaps the Wisdom of the Old Testament will apply to this winter:

It's the Habbkkuk 2:3 Winter

For the vision awaits an appointed time; it testifies of the end, and will not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it, since it will surely come....

Amen to that. I have to admit I want to see this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

I never said you were being mean..... sometimes people aren’t gonna agree with things people say 

Fair enough. The pattern flip is inside 200 hours now, it is going to happen. Whether that means snow or not no one can say but chances are better than usual. The timing is set roughly, anything that happens between now and then is simply a means to an end. The wait is frustrating I understand. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Fair enough. The pattern flip is inside 200 hours now, it is going to happen. Whether that means snow or not no one can say but chances are better than usual. The timing is set roughly, anything that happens between now and then is simply a means to an end. The wait is frustrating I understand. 

Let’s get it under 100 hours and then we can talk 

• Like 1

Just now, LoveSnow said:

Let’s get it under 100 hours and then we can talk 

Lol sure. Under 100 we should be talking about individual storms. Under 200 is pretty solid for large scale things. And this is no longer just fantasy model chatter either. There are actual moving pieces in the atmosphere right now, that we can track in real time, that are going to be our pattern flip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Lol sure. Under 100 we should be talking about individual storms. Under 200 is pretty solid for large scale things. And this is no longer just fantasy model chatter either. There are actual moving pieces in the atmosphere right now, that we can track in real time, that are going to be our pattern flip.

Sorry for being negative but I’m a believe it when I see it kind of person 

• Like 1

Just now, LoveSnow said:

Oh no I get it. I’m just saying in the business of forecasting you’re not provided with the luxury of being able to  wait and see.

8 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

And you're south of what I would call the southern edge of the best snows anyway. It's tougher for you to get snow than me here in Gwinnett, and much tougher than folks in White County, or up in Rome and Dalton. 

10 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

And you're south of what I would call the southern edge of the best snows anyway. It's tougher for you to get snow than me here in Gwinnett, and much tougher than folks in White County, or up in Rome and Dalton. 

Not necessarily- I’ve gotten good snows before 

2 minutes ago, LoveSnow said:

Not necessarily- I’ve gotten good snows before 

You’ll definitely get them from time to time, it’s just that conditions have to be even more perfect for you than in the places he mentioned. In fact what’s best for your area may be for my area to be left high and dry lol. 

1 minute ago, SouthSideDahlonega said:

yeah a friend of mine at work is South of St. Louis and they already had 5.5 at 6 oclock

Must be nice 

Just now, SouthSideDahlonega said:

yeah a friend of mine at work is South of St. Louis and they already had 5.5 at 6 oclock

i would love to see a widespread storm hit here like that, where it just went west to east across Miss, Alabama, and Georgia.  half the state covered in snow, no doubt that it was going to happen. 

11 minutes ago, SouthSideDahlonega said:

i would love to see a widespread storm hit here like that, where it just went west to east across Miss, Alabama, and Georgia.  half the state covered in snow, no doubt that it was going to happen. 

We had a good run there for a few years at the beginning of this decade but since we’ve had a lot more messy hard to track events. 

4 hours ago, LoveSnow said:

All these people screaming cold is coming yet I got near 60 degrees later next week in my area

This is the south after all remember you have to set your expectations within the realms of reality. It's not all that odd for us to go from the 60s to snow in a matter of hours. This is the beginning of a pattern change as it's forecasted to only get to 39°F here tomorrow whereas this past Sun we were looking at 70°F. Welcome to winter in the south enjoy the wild ride, my friend. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Athens said:

This is the south after all remember you have to set your expectations within the realms of reality. It's not all that odd for us to go from the 60s to snow in a matter of hours. This is the beginning of a pattern change as it's forecasted to only get to 39°F here tomorrow whereas this past Sun we were looking at 70°F. Welcome to winter in the south enjoy the wild ride, my friend. 

I’m fully aware of this pattern change........ i hear about it on here and on another site that I follow. 

13 minutes ago, Athens said:

Firsthand weather seems to think this will be a larger scale event. Ice nearly reaching here.

FB_IMG_1547257404339.jpg

Basically a NAM replica.