• Forum Image

2018-2019 Winter Discussion

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both the Euro and GFS "see" some winter precip for Friday/Saturday, but temps don't really support snow at the moment. But hey... let's roll with it. 🙂 NOT A FORECAST

I know everyone is really tired of the warm (but pretty normal) weather we've had for part of December. I do understand.  I won't talk about how this was pretty much in every forecast, because I

Have you just come here to troll or what? You keep arguing about anything actually happening, but when Steve responds with data and models, you just roll over and say you don't know what that means. U

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

This is NOT the track you want for winter weather. We want to see a track along the 30º latitude line.

lowtrack_ensembles-11.thumb.gif.7f165b83edaf3981adba1c89db208dec.gif

No doubt but it’s a weakening low as it progresses east really not mapped as a low pressure system by the time it gets into our area  so doesn’t that matter what outcome this might have on NEGA 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RickyD said:

Could it be the cold is deeper than forecasted and will be harder to root out?   It was 19 in NE al.  this morning

I saw this also on AmericanWX but I looked at temps in the area and I am thinking that was wind chill temp not actual temp.  I could be wrong.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I saw this also on AmericanWX but I looked at temps in the area and I am thinking that was wind chill temp not actual temp.  I could be wrong.

That is me on AMWX

James Spann reported it

Edited by RickyD
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

I've just finished look at the longer range and I have to admit, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face. You know I always say that when I get excited, it's time for you to get excited... I'm getting excited. 😉

I'm seeing things in the longer range that tells me if you like winter weather, your ship has arrived. ❄️ Once the models latch on to what's going on, I think we'll see a wave of systems coming through. 

Now... I'll show you this but this is WAY out so right now it's just a fantasy. Does anyone remember January 28, 2014? Does that date ring a bell? If not, does SnowJam 2 ring a bell? http://www.daculaweather.com/4_nws_2014_winter_storm_summary.php

This is almost exactly the same date. 

NOT A FORECAST

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_49-01.thumb.png.957eeed9c4dab40e6ce620a9b78382a2.png

Just a few days earlier, we see this:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_44-11.thumb.png.5913b937960355e26c4c818cd710a431.png

I'm excited because you are excited! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1