• Forum Image

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Def not a hype page... not sure how long you’ve followed... just presenting the facts which is why I’ve followed Steve for over 6 years! Weather is finicky, and margin of error comes with trying to pr

Good morning! We're waking up to showers this morning as the first wave of moisture from Zeta advances across the area. This mornings map (winds at 850,700,500 mb/temps/radar) shows a strong adve

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LHarkins913 said:

Are cell towers down I wonder? I can barely even complete a text message or access any internet! Craziness!

I had cell service earlier, but now I don't. Not sure if it's downed towers or just the system getting overloaded.

Whew, what a day. Just had to take a drive just to find some cell service. Been cutoff from the outside world since my last post this morning. No power, no wifi, no cell service. Must be some pretty big issues with the power grid here right now because we are still at near 98% out. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Whew, what a day. Just had to take a drive just to find some cell service. Been cutoff from the outside world since my last post this morning. No power, no wifi, no cell service. Must be some pretty big issues with the power grid here right now because we are still at near 98% out. 

That's crazy. Much of Pickens county was without power as well as Dawson. Luckily, we haven't lost power and most of Big Canoe still has it. We have underground utilities here, otherwise we wouldn't be so lucky.

12 hours ago, RickyD said:

Fatality in Cherokee county at a mobile home park. Tree fell on the home. 

I live about a mile from there. My house sits in the bottom of a cove so we are shielded from wind. Highest gust my pws recorded before the power went out was 28.6 MPH at about 4 am.

Screenshot_20201029-201256.png

Still powerless in Paulding. Cell service is spotty, took 5 mins to even get on this page. Steve can you confirm that the winds that are whipping thru currently aren’t going to worsen, or are meant to be of concern? I can’t access any of my weather apps, can barely get on Facebook 

Finally have cell service at my house now. Nothing else is back, but it's nice just to not feel cutoff from the outside world again. This cold front is definitely pretty gusty tonight along with a bit more light rain. 

I've now come to understand that the main high voltage transmission lines that deliver power to the substations here in the county went down, explaining the extensiveness of the outage. The regular crews don't touch these, so they had to wait for specialized crew and equipment to be able to fix things. My power has just cut back on literally as I was typing this, so hats off to Georgia Power and HEMC on what couldn't have been an easy job.