• Forum Image

Winter Weather Potential - January 20-27

• Educator
3 minutes ago, KingOfTheMountains said:

Perfect example of perfect timing lol. That ridge is still there, but the high moves across in tandem and keeps the storm from cutting. First perfect eye candy run of the winter.

It’s a fairy tale but so cool to see potential. That’s all we want! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok... going out on a limb by creating this post, but I believe there is enough model justification to warrant it.  No guarantees! 😜 The models are all beginning to show threats for this time peri

Ok, I've been playing today. So for your viewing pleasure, we're going old school. Here's your "Local on the 8's" the way the Weather Channel USE to do it in the early 90's, and this is real live data

Ok folks... here are my thoughts about what is going on right now.  With such an active pattern, the models are totally worthless and of no help at all past 5 days, not even the ensembles. We're

Posted Images

DISCLAIMER - NOT A FORECAST... and will probably NEVER be a forecast here. :classic_laugh:

You know... I HAVE to share this because this is the prettiest eye candy I've ever seen over Georgia. Ever. Don't look too long though... it will make your heart beat way too fast. Just brief glimpses. 😜

NOT A FORECAST

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_atl_65-14.thumb.png.cacaaf813d8a3acde2d917a4d711f3d4.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

LOL! Excited and slightly concerned regarding temps...... and eventually temps and the possibility about being unable to be on the road. 

Got outside animals at the environmental education I work at that may need some contingency planning if things get anywhere near what the models are tossing around. 

😎 Not stressing, just thinking ahead.... perhaps with fingers crossed that we get some snow days off in Rome. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wendy4 said:

What kind did you get?  I've been wanting one. 

I got an ambient weather ws 2902-a. It does temp(heat index/wind chill, and dew point), pressure(relative and absolute), wind(speed and gust), precipitation(rate, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly), min/max, uv index, solar radiation, forecast, lunar phase, indoor temp, and indoor/outdoor humidity. The cell phone app is whats cool cuz it plots all the readings on charts and graphs.

• Educator
17 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

NOT A FORECAST

You know... I HAVE to share this because this is the prettiest eye candy I've ever seen over Georgia. Ever. Don't look too long though... it will make your heart beat way too fast. Just brief glimpses. 😜

NOT A FORECAST

Oh you did not 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Jay said:

LOL! Excited and slightly concerned regarding temps...... and eventually temps and the possibility about being unable to be on the road. 

Got outside animals at the environmental education I work at that may need some contingency planning if things get anywhere near what the models are tossing around. 

😎 Not stressing, just thinking ahead.... perhaps with fingers crossed that we get some snow days off in Rome. 

That is a concern to plan for. You're starting to see hints of what may come, so I would certainly try to get one step up on it. Myself, I'm going to get all my propane tanks filled up (have a propane generator) just in case. 😉

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

DISCLAIMER - NOT A FORECAST... and will probably NEVER be a forecast here. :classic_laugh:

NOT A FORECAST

Knew I bought those snow suits for the kids for Christmas for a reason! It’s that snow lovers intuition 🤪😉

54 minutes ago, NorthGeorgiaWX said:

NOT A FORECAST

So much potential!!! This is our time, it's been a while. Let it snow!! ❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2